Position Summary: Responsible for the daily management and technical support of the Battery Lab Department.
Purpose: Responsible for daily prioritization of orders and compliance to work instructions for the battery assembly process while also providing technical support for the troubleshooting and repair of battery failures and equipment failures used in the process. Understanding of and driving continuous improvement through a formal process implementing: lean manufacturing, one-piece flow, 5-S, Kanban, to create an efficient, quality product is a plus.
· Report to the Area Lead and assist with Managing and directing all manufacturing activities
involved with planning, materials scheduling, staffing, and operational efficiency.
· Drive continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, and productivity
· Lead a team to build, test and verify battery assemblies in a manufacturing environment.
· Analyze the current processes and recommend improvements for efficiency and cost savings.
· Assist operator performance improvements through studies and work cell layout.
· Reviews current and anticipated staffing needs.
· Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, specifications, work orders, and reports to
determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
· Assemble electrical systems and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, and
assembly casings, using screws, nuts, bolts, and/or soldering equipment.
· Inspect and test circuits for operation conformance and battery assemblies for quality
· Troubleshoot and repair PCB surface mount circuitry down to the component level using
schematics, multi-meter and other analysis equipment as required.
· Adjust, repair, or replace electrical and electronic components to correct defects and to ensure
conformance to specifications
· Ability to recognize component symbols on a schematic.
· Use EV2300/2400 reader to evaluate battery. (Knowledge of these tools is a plus)
· Ensure high quality of workmanship.
· Keep record of reasons for failure and repairs done.
· Notify Engineering of any quality issues or excessive failures.
· Assist Engineering department when requested.
· Maintain a general knowledge of battery functionality and be able to answer questions from
Tech Services and IT department related to battery issues.
· Assure daily production schedules and monthly revenue goals are met for Battery production.
· Must be hands on individual getting involved in the process with the operators.
Other Functions: Resolve order inaccuracies, assist in resolving customer / internal issues as they arise, evaluate employees and evaluate attendance. Assist Engineering department when requested
Minimal / Preferred Qualifications:
Have outstanding communication and influencing skills Stable and progressive work history
Previous supervision / lead experience
Must be experienced in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Working Knowledge of lean principles and team building techniques.
· Minimum of 3 years surface mount soldering / troubleshooting / and re-work experience.
· Computer skills needed include Microsoft Word and Excel. Battery fuel gauge experience a
· Must have high attention to detail, self-starter, highly motivated, and results driven.
· Leadership experience
· Exceptional people and management skills
· Experience in an assembly facility and familiarity with:
1. ESD Control
2. Electrical Assembly (power systems and computers)
3. Mechanical Assembly
· Plus but not required = Knowledge of TI BQz family, ATMEL programming tools, TI
Education: Associates degree in Electronics or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
Working Conditions / Travel: Scheduled work week is Monday through Thursday from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Candidate must be willing to work overtime as needed. Travel is Minimal
Job Type: Full-time