The Technical Scrum Master will be responsible for managing delivery across multiple Software Products using both Agile and Waterfall Methodologies in a hybrid approach. He/She will interface with Product Owner and Business to drive execution of Office Product deliverables under guidance of Software Manager. Working experience with agile methodologies and past familiarity with Scrum ceremonies, Change management, SDLC, Build Management, Release management, resource management, and project management tools and processes are needed. The candidate will be required to develop detailed Scrum plans, facilitate design discussions, assist cross product change orders, resolve issues, manage risks, maintain project documentation, and facilitate meetings. Past exposure to managing Agile projects is highly desired
- Coordinate all Scrum Ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint retrospectives, Sprint Demos, Story Grooming, and Release Planning.
- Mentor and coach teams on Agile/Scrum practices and self-organization.
- Teach the team to create clear and concise Backlog items.
- Support the Product Owner and Business, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Remove impediments to team deliverables and product goals.
- Assess Scrum Maturity of team and bring team to higher levels of maturity at a sustainable pace.
- Facilitate the building of a trusting and cooperative environment.
- Provide leadership and support to team and lead by example.
- Facilitate discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution.
- Manage project risks, dependencies and issues.
- Produce and maintain KPIs and burn down charts on Sprint progress, backlogs, risk and productivity of the scrum teams.
- Interface with Technical Project Managers to plan for upcoming scrum scope.
- Interface with Build engineer and Principle Software engineer to get upcoming code promotion and rebase-lining planned out.
- Interface with Program Managers to understand scope and priority for customer initiatives and provide Program Manager with status updates for accepted initiatives.
- Support Engineering Process group with Release Readiness and other Quality tollgates.
- Participate in continuous improvement and quality improvement planning as per WRE policies and procedures.
- Support Alignment of existing project oriented processes to Product oriented approach.
Education, Experience and Knowledge Required:
- 4+ years of experience as a Full-time Scrum Master.
- Good to have working experience with IBM® Rational® Team Concert (RTC) or IBM ClearQuest or IBM ClearCase.
- Expertise in diligently applying Agile principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience working with various software development practices.
- Team player and works well with others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, results-oriented and a clear focus on quality.
- Ability to develop high level of credibility and strong positive relationships with peers and management.
- Strong knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Visio
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
- PMP or Certified Scrum Master.