The Office Assistant for the Law School Career Center reports to the Associate Director of Employer Outreach and supports the Office Manager with the day-to-day operations of the office. The duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Acts as front desk receptionist by answering phones, scheduling counseling appointments, updating and filing materials, fielding student questions and responding to commonly-asked questions. First point of contact for student body and employers.
- Supports counselors and staff for events and recruiting programs by creating programming flyers, materials and organizing rsvp/attendance records.
- Maintains CORE database of student and employer information, including job postings. Enters new data and generates reports.
- Handles sensitive student records information (resumes, transcripts, employment documents etc.)
- Supports the Office Manager in the processing Judicial Clerkship Letters of Recommendation.
- Maintains office supplies through iBuy accounts.
- Provides technical support for program setup and meetings.
- Liaises with other departments (Dean’s Suite, Media Center, Fiscal Services, IT, Events etc.).
- Performs other job-related tasks as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED, or, a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Administrative office experience is necessary.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to work with a diverse group of people, to include employer representatives, faculty, staff, students, etc.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Strong computer and organizational skills.
Typical Hiring Range $15.29 - $19.88 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?
II. JOB DETAILS
Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C.
GW Law School (LAW)
Sub-Family General Office Support
Stream Service and Support
Level Level 1
Hours Per Week:
Monday through Friday, typically 8 to 5
Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor.
Required Background Check:
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
Internal Applicants Only? No
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.