Full Job Description
This position is responsible for performing routine, supportive duties and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Sorts and processes Library materials, including receiving and shipping items, running material reports coordinating the maintenance of the branch collection, and purging outdated material.
2. Provides customer service to include information, circulation, programming, community outreach, technology assistance and problem resolution.
3. Provides support for all areas of daily branch operations to include resolving customer inquiries and issues, balancing fees and branch cash funds and collection management and flow.
4. Maintains an inventory of branch supplies and coordinates the ordering of basic branch supplies as necessary.
5. Actively participates in the duties necessary to branch operations, including but not limited to: collection maintenance and shelving library materials; serving work shifts in the public service area; leading some branch programming and outreach events; and, maintaining appropriate technological and professional skills through the completion of requisite training.
6. Maintains up to date knowledge of system priorities and initiatives as well as professional news and trends.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic library operational principles and practices;
- Customer service principles.
- Providing customer service;
- Operating standard office equipment;
- Operating a computer and applicable software;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of related library experience;
- Valid GA Driver’s License. .
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Correctable vision and hearing
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Ability to move through approximately 25,000 square foot building
- Light physical effort required to frequently and repetitively lift or move lightweight parts and materials
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, reach within hands’ and arms’ length, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in fast paced environment
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously and accept job assignments from employees other than immediate supervisor
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.75 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- At which library location(s) are you interested in working?
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma