We are looking for a CAD Designer to finalize files of a consumer electronic that can be manufactured.
- Act as subject matter expert
- Design electromechanical buttons
- Optimize enclosure design to hold electronics (weight, dimensions, other specifications, etc.)
- Revise design of device as requested
- Select components and generate BOM that meets manufacturer, and assembler specifications (ie cost)
- Generate files to send to manufacturer (designed for manufacturability, designed for injection molding, designed for assembly, etc.)
- On-call throughout manufacturing process, make changes as requested by manufacturer
Preferred experience: designing consumer electronics / electronic devices, 3D printing and CNC prototyping, designing for manufacturability, bringing products to market.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Do you have access to Solidworks (or a comparable platform)?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Design for Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Consumer Electronics Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electronic Device Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Solidworks (or other 3D modeling): 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote