VP of Partnerships
Are you an advocate for women in business who wants to leverage your partnership-building skills while doing work you love?
Million Dollar Women (MDW) is a social venture with the mission of helping one million women get to $1M in revenues. We are seeking a full time or part time VP of Partnerships to support our Founder and CEO, Julia Pimsleur. Pimsleur is an accomplished entrepreneur, scaling coach and author (Million Dollar Women: The Essential Guide for Female Entrepreneurs Who Want to Go Big) and is seeking a new member of the senior team to help with partnerships and affiliates for our rapidly expanding Million Dollar Women Masterclass online business program, nonprofit arm and annual Million Dollar Women Summit. We currently have robust partnerships we want to expand upon and vast potential for new partners and affiliates.
The VP of Partnerships will use creativity, passion and hustle to create new partnership and affiliate relationships with like-minded organizations. He or she will steward and expand relationships with existing partners to create shared value in support of MDW’s programs, and be passionate about championing entrepreneurial women. Working closely with the CEO and board of directors, the VP of Partnerships will have a direct impact on our organization’s growth, revenues, and furthering of our overall mission.
Areas of Responsibility
- Revenue Generation– Independently source, develop, manage, and maximize nonprofit and nonprofit and corporate partnerships. This individual will own the entire partner lifecycle from initial outreach to overseeing invoicing and payments, and will be responsible for representing the MDW brand in a way that creates enthusiastic advocacy among our partner base.. (70%)
- Support the CEO with special projects - Contribute to the creation and implementation of strategic growth plans, including planning and supporting our events and content. Act as a thought partner to the CEO, leveraging your organization skills and forward-thinking mindset to help uncover opportunities for us to help more women grow their businesses. As a leader within MDW, work cross-functionally within our team to make sure key projects are completed on time and on budget. Represent the MDW team in various conferences, summits and fundraising meetings when called upon to do so (20%)
- Innovation - Proactively stay up to date on trends within the private and public sector, shared-value partnerships and international development to ensure the ability to address topics with strong, contemporary credibility. (10%)
Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2-4 years in corporate fundraising, marketing, promotions and communications or related fields
- Fundraising or corporate relationship building expertise
- Ability to create relationships with corporate stakeholders at all levels; must be equally comfortable communicating with a part-time office manager or the CEO of a Fortune 500
- Strong project management skills; responsiveness to partner needs; and ability to drive projects through to completion
- Ability to proactively problem solve & take initiative with the mindset that no task is too big or too small
- Outstanding writing and communication skills, including the ability to craft concise, persuasive emails and executive-level presentations
- Passion for and commitment to the MDW mission of helping 1M women reach $1M in revenues
- Fluency in English
- Advanced degree in relevant field (business management, marketing, non-profit management or similar)
- Demonstrated evidence of having worked with a diverse range of senior-level stakeholders (e.g., Board, C-level executives, non-profit leaders).
- Extensive knowledge of current theories and practices in corporate fundraising trends (e.g. public-private partnerships, cause marketing, etc.), with the ability to conceptualize, initiate and deliver multi-stakeholder projects that meet specific goals, on time and with distinction)
- Comfort and experience with working in a rapidly-changing environment
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are helping to close the economic gender gap and seeing the daily successes of our women in business
- Opportunity to work directly for and receive tailored coaching from a high-impact, highly successful female entrepreneur
- A family-friendly work environment with great flexibility
- Highly collaborative and innovative team
- Part compensation, part commission (30/70)
- Work from our midtown west office or your home or some combination
Job Type: Full-time
- business management: 2 years (Required)
- corporate fundraising: 2 years (Required)