Art.com Inc. is made up of talented people who are original thinkers and who love a culture where innovation, creativity and results are valued. Since its inception in 1998, Art.com has grown to be the largest online specialty retailer of high quality art, a position of strength that presents excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement for our employees.
As an innovative and growing company, Art.com Inc. consistently strives to remain competitive in attracting and retaining employees whose work-hard, play-hard attitude allows them to thrive in achieving both personal and professional goals. Our performance-based culture has been developed around this approach. You can also expect challenging, rewarding work, competitive salaries, great benefits, and tremendous opportunities for career growth.
About the Job
- Drives experience strategy and innovation to improve user experience by evaluating the current competitive landscape for compelling customer experiences; analyzing future trends and forecasts in related fields; constructing compelling artifacts outlining present conditions and proposed solutions; designing transitional roadmaps for the future or by clarifying existing user experience frameworks for medium- to large-sized project portfolios; and presenting information within and across the organization to gain strategic alignment and encourage change.
- Drives user experience solutions across a medium- to large-sized portfolio of projects by translating business needs into actions and roadmaps; evaluating the scope of projects; designing scalable, reliable, extensible, and maintainable user experience frameworks while balancing resources, constraints, requirements and complexity; directing other project team members to define or select methods to be used (for example, competitive audits, secondary research); managing the creation of user experience frameworks, process flows, site maps, wireframes, and prototypes to advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, and branding objectives; developing scalable and flexible design frameworks and patterns to ensure the user experience is simple and cohesive; presenting design to project and business teams for review; collaborating with Engineering leads to determine efficacy of given solution; supervising the production of detailed specifications; and reviewing project requirements document (PRD) to ensure correct translation of design.
- Drives, maintains, and delivers user experience design consistency across software design efforts in collaboration with Engineering Architects by formulating project needs and measures of success; developing and implementing user experience strategy to solve for near-term launch with consideration for long-term portfolio evolution; analyzing user tasks; designing optimum workflow to improve customer experience; requesting and attending usability and brainstorming sessions; and presenting user experience flow and project decisions to senior leadership.
- Drives continuous improvement of User Experience tools, documentation, and process by maintaining holistic viewpoint when tackling portfolio decisions; defining solutions frameworks from a scalable and global viewpoint; recommending changes to and governing the evolution of site standards; collecting feedback and industry research standards; reviewing and approving projects based on best practices; and guiding the creation of patterns and styles.
- Leads cross-functional team project portfolios by establishing and communicating project needs and measures of success; directing cross-functional collaboration activities; collaborating with partners (for example, Engineering, site merchandising, customer advocacy); driving the attainment of project goals; creating customer experiences; advocating for the customer in experience workflow; requesting and attending usability sessions; participating in brainstorming sessions; and presenting user experience flow and project decisions to all levels of leadership.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Bachelor Degree and 6 years' design experience
- Masters Degree and 5 years' design experience
- 8 years' design experience
- Preferred Qualifications Master's Degree in Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Architecture, Business, or related field. J
- 8 years' experience in eCommerce or related field.
- 8 years' experience in software design or related field.
- 2 years' experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology.
- 2 years' experience designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies such as responsive design and iOS and Android design best practices.
- 2 years' experience designing front-end user experience solutions for service-oriented (SOA) architectures.