- Project Management
- Microsoft Office
All candidates must apply online at https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=ohqz8fw8&s=TeamWorkOnline.com
The Durham Bulls are seeking an experienced and team-oriented accounting professional responsible for all operational financial aspects of all CBC baseball business units (currently Durham Bulls Baseball, Bull City Hospitality and Holly Springs Baseball.).
Responsibilities include the following:
- All phases of general accounting, including budgeting and forecasting, management reporting, general ledger, invoicing systems, customer credit and collections, vendor payments, fixed assets, payroll, and updating and maintaining efficient and effective internal processes and controls
- Managing and developing a team of approximately five accounting and main reception desk personnel
- Coordinate and prepare multi-year budgets and forecasts for each business unit, and assist the teams with financial analysis and development of projections
- Manage all aspects of the operations of the accounting department including month end closing, account reconciliations, customer invoicing, credit and collections, accounts payable, sales commission calculations, payroll, fixed assets, property tax returns, sales and use tax returns, and trade accounting
- Working collaboratively with the corporate team on regular projects (income tax, external audit, general insurance, hosted payroll, human resources support, etc.), and special projects (systems improvements, major contracts, etc.).
- Serve as the primary Baseball financial interface with the CBC Corporate teams, supporting the Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources teams as needed.
- Business & Financial Analysis – be available to create or edit financial or other analyses relating to the businesses as needed, including relating to major contract renewals and major revenue or expense trends (i.e. key metrics, budget and forecast variances, etc.), to the extent corporate requests information not already prepared by the business unit teams
- External Tax and Audit Support – deliver timely and accurate support to the Corporate F&A team in connection with annual external GAAP audits, annual tax return preparation, periodic audits by federal/state/local tax authorities, etc.
- General Insurance Ownership and Support – proactively collaborate with Corporate F&A - on both annual renewals and new initiatives/practices - to ensure property, liability, and other general insurance needs are sound from both a business unit and corporate office perspective
- Hosted Payroll Ownership and Support – proactively collaborate with business unit personnel, F&A and HR as appropriate to anticipate any new business unit practices or initiatives/needs
- Systems Support and Upgrades – be available to proactively support and contribute to any Corporate initiatives to strengthen existing financial or HR systems, including participation in evaluation and implementation teams
- Human Resources Team Support – be available to support corporate HR teams in new hires/searches, annual healthcare open enrollment and analysis, etc.
- BS or BA degree in accounting or business
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in similar finance and accounting management role, including supervisory experience and baseball or other sports industry experience (preferred)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including sound Excel analytical and preferably modeling capabilities
- Proficiency in corporate information and accounting systems, with experience using Oracle Financials, ADP, By-Pass and Tickets.com (all preferred)
- Strong project management skills and detail-oriented
- Must be able to think conceptually and translate concepts into practical solutions. Must be an effective communicator, and embrace a continuous improvement culture. Demonstrate leadership by leading by example.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.