Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine's true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $300M ARR by the end of 2019. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article "These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next 'Unicorns' ( https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/10/technology/these-50-start-ups-may-be-the-next-unicorns.html )".
The Director of Sales Operations will be responsible for partnering with sales leadership to exceed objectives through optimization of people, processes, and technology. This role will have ownership of forecasting, territory and quota planning, budget and headcount, sales compensation, enablement and training, and overall sales effectiveness. In addition, this individual will act as a strategic partner and Chief-of-Staff to the VP of Sales, provide ongoing daily support to the sales organization, and build strong relationships cross-functionally to support Alto's corporate goals.
Strategy and Planning
- Work closely with the executive team to develop the GTM strategy
- Drive sales strategy and planning through the creation of key objectives and measurements
- Partner with Finance to develop headcount and resource plan
- Build and manage territory plans for existing and new sales personnel, including quota and key account targets
- Drive quarterly and annual strategic and operational reviews
- Partner with Business Development and Marketing to develop short term and long term initiatives for accelerating growth, enabling new wins, and expanding market share
- Ensure ongoing alignment with Engineering and Product on new/upcoming technology and features, customer requests, and competitive/ market requirements
- Work with sales leaders to create sales processes, tools, and resources
- Implement customer segmentation, targeting, and positioning initiatives that guide resource allocation and areas of strategic focus=
Sales Operational Excellence
- Own and drives the sales forecasting process to ensure high levels of accuracy and quality in the pipeline.
- Drive optimal deployment of sales personnel through the type of role, coverage models, and territory mapping
- Develop sales incentive structures that attract and retain top talent
- Design sales compensation plans that reward achievement of objectives and are aligned with Alto's business goals and GTM strategy
- Communicate, implement, and administer commission plans and other incentives
- Partner with Sales Leadership to continuously improve the sales process.
- Define the strategy, requirements, process, and adoption for systems and tools.
- Assist in the preparation of Executive and Board level presentations
Sales Enablement and Training
- Design, build and deliver training and performance improvement initiatives; partner with other cross-functional leaders to identify and conduct training as needed
- Create comprehensive onboarding programs
- Identify new/existing sales methodologies and training techniques to maximize the effectiveness and efficiencies of the sales organization
- Responsible for leading, organizing and facilitating sales meetings and communication.
- 5-10 years of progressive leadership experience in a sales organization
- Experience in a startup and/or operations-heavy tech environment, ideally having helped grow a team across multiple locations
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to build credible relationships with multiple functions
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and influence behaviors to help change across an organization
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Flexibility to travel to our CA and CO offices as needed
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Strong understanding of standard sales operations processes (sales forecasting, sales compensation, forecasting, territory management, and sales quotas)
- Strong analytical mindset
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.