We are looking for a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) to join VHC Health's Rehabilitation team! At VHC we work with a variety of patients including those with spine, orthopedic, neurologic, cardiac, and oncology diagnoses. Our team prides ourselves on working collaboratively with our patients who are often medically complex. We offer continuing education and specialty rounds for ongoing skill and knowledge acquisition, flexible schedules, clinical ladder, and opportunities for program development and growth.
Come join a hospital dedicated to you and your career!
VHC Health is a 453-bed not-for-profit nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering high quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 75 years. VHC Health is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations), a designated Level II Trauma Center and a recognized Magnet Facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We are proud to announce that the Leapfrog Group has awarded the hospital with an 'A' grade in Hospital Safety for the 19th year in a row, achieved an Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ for the 10th year in a row and has ranked Number 2 in “Best Hospitals” in the Washington, DC area by U.S. News and World Report's 2021-2022 rankings. At VHC we are always striving to provide continued excellence and growth for our employees as well as top notch care for our patients.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assistant required.
- Licensed in Virginia as a Physical Therapist Assistant required.
- American Heart Association BLS Certification required.
- One year of Physical Therapy experience preferred.
- Consistently implements and documents an individualized plan of care, developed by the physical therapist, according to department guidelines and seeks consultation to identify appropriate interventions.
- Provides patient/family education based on learning needs assessment and according to education guidelines, age/developmental level and cultural background.
- Therapist Assistant demonstrates sound clinical judgement with the following patient populations: Neurological, Orthopedic, Cardiopulmonary, Medical, Oncology and Osteoporosis.
- Participates in discharge planning activities/rounds.
- Communicates to MD significant decrease in patient's functional or cognitive level and corresponding impact on plan of care.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working in different areas as staffing and patient load dictates.
Follow VHC on Instagram @LifeatVHChealth
APPLY HERE: https://careers-vhchealth.icims.com/jobs/9788/physical-therapist-assistant%2c-inpatient/job
Tags: pt therapy nova va dc md health vhc rehab clinic physical therapy jobs near me increased rates bonus rehabilitation team maryland virginia hospital clinic assistant
Job Type: Temporary
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
- physical therapy: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Required)
Work Location: In person