Desired Skills / Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in economic or community development or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience with a focus on planning, communications, fundraising and development.
- Ability to work independently to generate internal and external communications with a broad range of community stakeholders, board members and representatives in the government and private sectors.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to maintain oversight and coordinate many moving pieces.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Strong relationship builder who can work in close tandem with members of the Board, community leaders and critical stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Must be fluent in using mainstream Social Media platforms
- Experience with Blogging and website maintenance / creation is a plus
Job Responsibilities: Responsibilities of the Economic Development Director include but are not limited to:
- Build a network of grant funding sources sufficient to sustain and grow this program beyond it’s 3 year pilot horizon, ending December 31, 2022.
- Identify the needs of Hancock residents and the business community and develop an understanding of this unique community
- Participates in the development of goals and recommendations and implements program objectives, policies and priorities regarding the needs of the residents of Hancock and the business community
- Develop strategies to meet the needs of the community through research, dialogue and experimentation
- Coordinates and performs project management, administrative and technical duties necessary to achieve project objectives in the areas of economic development, business attraction and retention, small business assistance and business financing, and employment.
- Work with community partners on grant writing – for events, community and economic development projects as appropriate
- Assist with planning and marketing of Hancock’s unique local events, including “Summer Nights Live!” and Blues, Brews, and BBQ” to local and regional audiences to encourage multi-day visits to the area
- Develop and distribute marketing material via email, social media and other media as applicable, respond to email and phone inquiries
- Build and maintain positive relationships with contacts in local, regional state economic development agencies, community organizations, and key community stakeholders
- Work with the Events Planner to determine fundraising/sponsorship needs for events.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year
Do you to shut down we have been on a slow track in processing resumes. However, the hiring committee will continue collecting resumes over the next 10 days. The board will meet early June to review selected applicants and set up interviews.
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Blogging: 1 year (Preferred)
- Website Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Economic Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Company's Facebook page: