If you are an organized, dedicated individual, with experience in event coordination, the Desert Research Institute is looking to hire a Project Coordinator II to be responsible for planning and coordinating a board range of both internal and external DRI special events as well as performing a variety of administrative duties to assist the President’s office staff. This position will be based in Reno, NV, but will require regular travel to the Las Vegas office. Some of the duties that you will be responsible for include:
- Plan and lead all aspects of DRI’s major events and functions
- Scheduling event dates, preparing agendas, coordinating facilities, conducting event set-up and clean-up, invitation development, distribution of correspondence, catering, displays, receipt and tracking of RSVPs
- Serve as the key point of contact for outside groups hosting events at DRI
- Provide administrative support to the President and the Special Assistant to the President and institutions affiliated with DRI
- Welcome visitors for the President and Executive offices; answer multi-line phone, take messages, channel calls to appropriate personnel and respond to general inquiries.
- Schedule meetings, conference rooms and reserve parking for VIPs at surface lot owned by DRI
- Assist with maintaining calendars of various Executives (including the President) and be familiar with daily appointments; prepare the President and executives for meetings.
- Compose routine correspondence and update documents; prepare mailings using Microsoft Word mail merge; create forms; proofread letters and memos.
- Coordinate/prepare travel arrangements.
- Maintain, order and restock supplies for Executive suite, including all office/printing/copying supplies.
- Monitor President’s office budget
- Manage personal business and other traveler’s expense reports, and credit card reconciliation
- Proactively perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 7 years of executive/administrative support experience, with at least 4 of the 7 years including corporate event planning experience
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience in office protocols, office management principles and procedures, and professional work practices
- Professionalism demonstrated through a high degree of confidentiality and the ability to exercise independent judgement
- Knowledge of fiscal management and analysis, accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated proficiency with public speaking before large and small groups
- Ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, foundation trustees, and dignitaries
This is a Grade 35 Technologist position with a starting minimum starting salary of $48,758. This position is eligible for benefits and relocation; see Technologists benefits summary for an overview: http://www.dri.edu/careers/employee-benefits
How to Apply/Required Attachments
Qualified individuals interested in this position must apply online at https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/DRI-External/job/DRI---Reno-NV/Project-Coordinator-II_R0110615-1. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made
For questions regarding this position, please call Human Resources at 775-673-7431.
The Desert Research Institute (DRI) is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. DRI employs only U.S. citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time