Job Description Summary
The medical social worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Assess the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
- Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Provides information and referral services for Organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Provides information to patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with Organization personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and organization personnel.
- Participates in the development of the total plan of care and case conferences as required.
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
- Communicates daily with scheduling coordinator regarding patients seen and daily schedule changes.
- Daily access to company E-mail account to ensure essential communication from office is received.
- Communicates daily with clinical manager to report frequencies, patient information or other issues.
- Netbook users must check “my message” in Sansio system three times daily and at least once daily check outlook email.
- PRN/Contractor staff must check company email once daily at a minimum.
- PRN staff provide monthly schedule of availability including any expected time off.
- All staff must come into the office at minimum once monthly, clinical staff meetings are mandatory.
- Clinical staff must check their patients E-chart in the Sansio system prior to the visit.
- Clinical staff must request visit frequencies upon admission or on evaluation and reasoning thereof. Must make request by voicemail within twenty four hours of admission or evaluation and include all discipline frequencies.
- Clinical Manager approval is required to change visit frequencies and/or discharge a patient.
- For any additional visits needed, the clinical staff member must call to obtain approval prior to the additional visit being made.
- Clinician will weekly, on Thursday, receive his or her schedule for the following week and access his or her schedule in the Sansio system. In addition, clinician must communicate actual schedule from current week to scheduler to record changes, etc. Must also provide a copy of current weeks schedule on Thursday.
- Ensures car stock box is appropriately stocked at all times and monitors weekly to ensure no expired items are included.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Other duties as delegated by the Clinical Director/Supervisor.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Job Type: Part-time
- Social Work: 1 year (Preferred)