Directs the design, development, and implementation of advanced solutions on embedded devices in new, third-party, or open source code. Assignments typically involve working with other engineering disciplines and may include, but are not limited to, designing new products, modifying existing designs, improving production techniques, and developing test procedures.
This is often the highest level of individual contributor within the organization. Incumbents are normally widely recognized for their achievements, technical expertise, and meritorious standing within their professional field. Work is normally on the forefront of new technologies.
Provides leadership and technical guidance to a team of engineers engaged in the design of unique electronic subsystems that will be ultimately integrated into the overall operating system. Serves as team facilitator in providing technical guidance to technical support personnel, technical writers, and engineering technicians.
Oversees review meetings to discuss functional specifications and supervises the effort to translate them into software requirements.
Advises project team on methodology for conducting most-difficult and complex analyses and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, or processes, and recommends design approaches to meet production requirements for new or improved products and/or processes.
Monitors the gathering of data during the design phase, providing technical expertise on how to optimize maximum performance within the embedded software framework.
Evaluates advanced engineering/software designs, test data, and technical specifications developed by project team for innovative new products and unique solutions to meet client specifications and requirements.
Develops highly-complex and advanced test simulations to verify features and functional specifications.
Reviews development issues reported through discussions, technical presentations, and reports to ensure that software issues are resolved. Advises management of status.
Oversees the production of technical documentation such as user guides, tutorials, and applicaton notes which support key features and product applications.
May organize project and task workloads and participates in the selection of qualified individuals for specific project assignments.
Provides technical consultation to engineering/software teams working on other projects.
Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for assigned applications
- Develop and maintain embedded products
- Define, develop and implement essential design features and elements necessary to accomplish customer mission
- Integrate multiple capabilities and tools into a single application
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 15+ total years of software development experience
- 6+ years of experience with C/C++/C#, Python, and assembly languages and 3+ years in a Software Systems Architect role working in embedded research and development
- Experience in C/C++ software development focused on networked applications
- Experience with multiple software, hardware and embedded design concepts, to include Linux, Linux kernel development, busybox, cross-compilers, and GNU toolchains
- Experience with end to end system development
- Demonstrated ability to synchronize and integrate tools and services through APIs
- Experience as a government contractor or similar customer focused environment
- TS Clearance
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.