Responsible for Managing and coordinating activities for logistics projects, as well as operational functions of a private fleet. Oversees and contributes to design, implementation, and post implementation of current and new projects and initiatives. These initiatives all support Walgreens Private Truck fleet responsible for deliveries to Walgreens stores and back haul growth. Responsible for ownership of results related to cost analysis, data analysis, and Business cases, for all assigned project work. Able to analyze data to support validation of results and prepare and present these results to Upper Leadership. Experience in Routing and modeling tools to build cost analysis, using routing technology. Manage Teams to meet corporate timelines and communicate progress and updates through validated results of data. Drive continuous improvement through lean methodologies.
- Manages day-to-day activities of a group of employees. Assigns, monitors and reviews progress and accuracy of work, direct efforts and provide technical guidance on more complex issues. Oversees and initiates the hiring, firing, and performance review processes.
- Provides management to the team to meet goals, improve processes and improve stakeholder's satisfaction. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the department/company.
- Interacts and works collaboratively with peers within and outside of the department, normally involving matters within the department, with other departments or across the company. May lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Managers and works on issues of a diverse scope, where analysis of the situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Provides advanced expertise and knowledge in complex area of specialization.
- Accepts responsibility for delegated decision-making and reinforces and affects others to demonstrate the same support for empowered decision-making. Receives assignments in the form of goals and chooses how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to departmental employees working within the latitude of established policies. Develops procedures that affect the area under management.
- Outlines specific goals and processes that are attentive on generating innovative solutions to business problems.
- Develops and submits ideas which support the achievement of innovative goals. Implements innovative processes or changes that support the goals of the function or department.
- Manages, develops and controls departmental expenditures against the expense budget.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; develops and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with preferred competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive organization.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens www.walgreens.com is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in a supply chain or business role OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in a supply chain or business role.
At least 1 year experience of direct leadership or cross-functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 25 % of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Experience with Logistics, Private Fleet in a multi-stop environment including forecasting business model using product volume & cost, forecasting Equipment & Staffing
Experience with Transportation Management Software – TMS, JDA
Internal or External Lean Six Sigma Training
Proficient in Excel, able to analyze large sets of Data