Our products enable the biopharmaceutical industry to be at the forefront in the development and advancement of treatments for serious diseases. Earning sales revenue of more than 1.4 billion in 2017 our people come from over 60 nations at 50 sites in 33 countries.
As part of the field service team you will be required to deliver new system installations, commissioning, calibration, preventative maintenance, and break fix repairs on SARTORIUS’s product range. This position is primarily USA East Coast based but may require travel outside of the USA on rare occasions.
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
Skills and experience you need to bring to our company:
- Installation & commissioning, calibration, preventative maintenance and break fix repairs across a range of systems.
- Responsible for maintaining fault finding data, and feedback of product performance data to customers and internal groups within SARTORIUS.
- Required to perform a variety of in-house service activities in the Delaware office as needed.
- Follow all service procedures to ensure that SARTORIUS’s customer information and product software/configuration is up to date and accurate.
- Keep accurate records of time, expenses and work performed
- Make independent decisions regarding the repair of field equipment based on service level agreements and customers support contract agreements/details.
- Acquire in-depth product knowledge and demonstrate self-improvement
- Escalate system issues that cannot be resolved to the relevant Product Support Engineer, Customer Support Engineer and the Hardware Resource Co-ordinator.
- Employee will be field based.
- Proven experience of working in a test or field service/support environment within high-tech engineering/manufacturing company – ideally on capital equipment.
- Experience of electrical and mechanical fault-finding at system and component level
- Understanding of automatic mechanisms and their associated electrical control systems
- Previous experience of operating on-call/call-out/immediate travel, both in and out of normal working hours.
- Familiarity with automation and robotics is a must.
- Must have recently worked with and be competent in measuring 480VAC/208VAC 3 phase.
Hands on experience with robotics, motors, conveyor systems, input/output modules, optical readers, pneumatics and electromechanical assemblies.
Strong identification with our core values:
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish sound relationships with team members and customers.
- A good understanding of mechanical/electrical drawings
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively train and manage customers in the use of our products
- Computer literate and familiarity with MS Office
- Calibration of control systems, e.g. temperature and/or volume
- Knowledge of 'clean' applications eg GMP/Microelectronics/food processing.
- An understanding of both Mammalian and Microbial cell cultures
- Bioreactors and there use to grow cell culture
- Experience of configuring PCs and installing software packages (Windows XP & Win 7 OS)
Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here