Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Patient Registration Associate
Supervisor, Patient Access Services (or) Manager, Patient Access Services
Patient Access Services
Employee is responsible for insuring all required demographic and financial information is accurately collected, verified, and recorded in the Electronic Health Record/Patient Accounting System. Functions include patient pre-registration, registration, Emergency Room registration, insurance eligibility and verification determination, patient liability collection, scheduling, and admitting duties. Employee is also responsible to obtain signatures for all required organization, state and federal consents and/or notifications. Working hours may include weekend, evenings, overnight, and holidays.
1. Responsible for obtaining both demographic and financial information to insure patient medical records are accurate for both clinical and billing needs
2. Collects, verifies, and records all required patient information accurately in the EHR including insurance policy information, procedure codes and related ICD 10 codes, while maintaining the departmental accuracy standard of 97%
3. Responsible for accurate identification of patients using photo identification and primary insurance identifiers.
4. Responsible for the distribution and collection of all department related hospital, state, and federally mandated consents, notifications, and financial forms.
5. Accurately identifies and communicates patient insurance benefits and liability at the time of registration
6. Actively solicits patient liability and advises patients on the financial assistance options available.
7. Responsible for remaining compliant, current and knowledgeable with Department Policies and Procedures
8. Ability to rotate through all Patient Access Service areas including Scheduling (when applicable), Outpatient, Emergency Room, Admitting, and Pre Registration, and accepts changes in work assignments as requested by the management team
9. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of patients’ rights and responsibilities which include HIPAA, EMTALA and Patient Bill of Rights
10. Participates in and completes all required department and organizational training
11. Assist with continuity of care by establishing a professional and harmonious relationship with physicians, staff, co-workers, patients, and guests.
12. Actively participates in departmental trainings, education sessions, and process improvement initiatives. Assists in monitoring newly implemented process, providing recommendations and support.
13. Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor) including adherence to department dress code and wearing Hospital Identification Badge 100% of the time.
14. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
15. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Strong Computer & Writing Skills
- Ability to Multitask
Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Potential environmental exposures include, but are not limited to:
- Chemicals/Commercial Products
- Experiencing challenging conditions where a professional attitude will be required
- Interacting with a Diverse population
- Noise Level – Varies from Quiet to Moderate
- Repetitive Motion
- Risk of Electrical Shock