*PLEASE READ before applying. REQUIRES ENLISTMENT INTO THE ARMY RESERVE
*AGE 17-34 only, must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
*MUST HAVE High School diploma or GED
*TRANSFERABILITY to Civilian Work
Water treatment specialists are primarily responsible for supervising or performing the installation and operation of water purification equipment, as well as dealing with water storage and distribution operations and activities. They also inspect facilities and food supplies for the presence of disease, germs or other conditions hazardous to health and the environment.
· Perform water quality analysis testing and verification
· Assist in water reconnaissance and site preparation
· Operate and maintain water treatment equipment
· Assist in setup of water treatment activity
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a water treatment specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 14 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in testing different products.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
· Identification of health hazards
· Inspection of food products, food service operations, wastewater and waste disposal facilities
· Interest in algebra, biology, chemistry and general science
· High attention to detail
· Interest in protecting the environment
Required ASVAB Score(s)
General Maintenance (GM): 88
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with local, state or federal government agencies. You’ll be able to consider a future as a food and drug inspector, public health inspector, health and safety inspectors or industrial hygienists.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
· AT&T, Inc.
· Hewlett-Packard Company
· Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
· Sears Holdings Corporation
· Time Customer Service, Inc.
· Walgreen Co.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $30,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Requires enlistment into the US Army Active Duty or Reserve
- One location
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible