Working closely with senior leadership, the Internal Auditor conducts performance, financial, information system, operational and compliance audit projects; provides consulting services to management and staff; provides input to the development of the annual audit plan; and develops areas of expertise and educates other members of the staff in these areas. The role maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards, while working under limited supervision and with latitude for independent judgment.
What you will do:
- Participates in the identification and evaluation of the organization's risk areas and provides input to the development of the annual risk assessment and audit plan.
- Performs basic to advanced audit and consulting projects, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews and control testing, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, audit comments, audit reports and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations.
- Communicates the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management in a manner consistent with the varying communication needs of different levels within the organization.
- Develops and maintains productive client, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Represents internal audit on organizational project teams, and at management and executive meetings.
- Obtains recognition within the organization as a subject matter expert in complex process, control, information technology, or accounting areas (including being sought out by other people within the organization as a trusted advisor in related areas).
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Certification such as a CIA, CPA, CISA or CISSP (or willingness/ability to obtain a certification within two years).
- 2+ years of full-time experience in auditing.
- Willingness to travel 20%-35%, including international travel that can require being out of town for two consecutive weeks.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors or willingness to learn them.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Demonstrated skill in planning, multi-tasking, and time management, and maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, analyses, and presentations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Experience using ACL (Galvanize) or another data analytics tool.
Reasonable salary range is $65,000 - $85,000
How we work: Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 17 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer: A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit our Americas website (https://www.kao.com/americas/en/).