William Paterson University invites applications for the position of Manager, Pre-College Youth Programs and Educational Outreach within the Division of Academic Affairs.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCPE), this position is responsible for assisting the Associate Director (AD) and independently managing the Pre-College Youth Programs and Educational Conferences for SCPE.
This includes working with a diverse population of adults and youth. The manager has oversight and responsibility for summer academies, camps and institutes which are made up of workshops, non-degree courses, non-credit professional certification for high school students, and programs for elementary, middle and high school students. In addition, the selected candidate will also customize in-service programs for school districts, residential programs and conferences for adults and youth.
The School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCPE) at William Paterson University offers a wide variety of development opportunities for students of all ages. The School offers a wide array of highly acclaimed youth programming including pre-college courses, Youth Saturday University, and certifications for high school students. The School has been successful in attracting a diverse population of youth and adults at virtually all stages of their careers and development. For more information on The School of Continuing and Professional Education, visit https://www.wpunj.edu/cpe/
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizes Youth Programs and professional development conferences, including but not limited to summer academies; camps; institutes; and customized in-service programs for school districts; develops appropriate methods for meeting goals and objectives
- Assesses market needs and identifies new or emerging trends; reviews and evaluates programs and develops and implements appropriate methods for meeting strategic goals and objectives; develops, monitors, and provides budget recommendations for Youth Programs, conference activities, and other initiatives as appropriate; assists in the acquisition, distribution, inventory, and security of equipment, materials, and facilities
- Hires and supervises instructors and student assistants; collaborates with faculty and academic professionals, delivers content for training, workshops, and seminars to target audiences; oversees the logistical coordination of program/conference events
- Conducts market research; compiles and analyzes statistical, financial, and other data; maintains essential records and files for Pre-College Youth and Education Programs
- Assigns and supervises the work of lower-level professional, clerical, and part-time staff as well as graduate and student assistants
- Prepares correspondence and clear, technically sound, accurate, and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations for new and existing Education Programs; develops and prepares informational materials for publication in various outlets, including social media
- Attends and participates in meetings and related University events, serves on ad hoc committees, and represents the University at conferences, meetings, and seminars
- Presents program to outside constituents and stakeholders as a University representative
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience working in an educational setting
Demonstrated knowledge of evaluation and assessment techniques
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
Able to work a flexible schedule, when necessary, including evenings and weekends
Master’s degree preferred
Experience managing pre-college high school programs, including state and corporate grant-funded residential programs
Personal Attributes and Traits
Able to communicate effectively in oral and written form
Capable of empathy through perceiving and understanding others
Able to work independently to establish processes for activities that lead to efficient organization and goal achievement
Resilient as demonstrated by being able to recover quickly from challenges and set backs
Strong presentation skills
About William Paterson:
William Paterson University is one of the most diverse public universities in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 10,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated next to the High Mountain nature preserve in Wayne, New Jersey about twenty miles west of New York City.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter & CV
Provide names/contacts of three professional references.
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any general questions related to this search.
Cover Letter, Resume/CV