Stand Up Urban TV (SUUT) is a film company that specializes in music videos and documentary content. Currently we are in need of a Film Editor/Creative Director. The Film Editor/Creative Director must have experience assessing multiple hours of film, assembling footage, adding creative input on set, and meeting film deadlines. All experienced editors are required should possess exceptional video editing skills, a creative approach to problem-solving, and be willing to work long hours. Candidates interested in the intern program are not required to possess advanced editing skills, but must be knowledgeable of Adobe Premiere and/or DaVinci Resolve.
- Reading the scripts to understand the vision of the Director.
- Visiting set locations during filming.
- Reviewing footage and selecting scenes according to the vision.
- Trimming segments of footage.
- Collaborating with Sound Editors, Sound Effects Editors, and Cinematographers.
- Making revisions as per the request of the Director.
- Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television, Media or related (Preferred)
- Previous industry experience. (Preferred)
- Strong knowledge of editing tools, techniques, and software.
- Must be familiar with camera equipment.
- Critical and analytical skills.
- Great patience and concentration.
- Organizational and time management skills.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $12.25 - $18.00 per hour
- Creative Direction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 1 year (Required)
- Cinematography: 1 year (Required)