ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Careers that Change Lives
A Day in the Life
- Must be a team player. Must have qualities including being positive, high standards, resilient, open, and creative.
- Takes pride in quality, extensible, and maintainable work products. Demonstrates excellent coding practices.
- Commitment to achieving and exceeding project goals and timelines
- Thrives in working with other disciplines to develop system-minded implementations that consider safety, performance, communication, user interface and other aspects of a final product.
- Help streamline and speed our time to market and build quality in at every step.
- You will be a member of the new product development team that supports the design and development of innovative, new products within the Surgical Innovations business.
- You can apply advanced technical concepts to complex problems from concept generation through early phase development.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
The Associate Software Engineer
will be a member of the Medtronic R&D software team working on development and support of electrosurgery generator products. Associate Embedded Software Engineers can apply their education and talents in software development including the understanding of how software interacts with hardware. The position is a hands-on development role with a dynamic set of responsibilities in a complex software system including coding applications, user interfaces, drivers, and utilizing various middleware and frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in C/C++ required in a Linux development environment.
- Knowledge of OOA&D and familiarity with UML is strongly desired.
- Experience in hardware/software interfacing and design issues.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools and utilities
- Determines systems software design requirements
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency
- Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.