- Reports to the Medical Director of the Lancaster Healthcare Center
- Supervises day-to-day operations of the Lancaster Healthcare Center; implements center objectives, policies and procedures.
- Hires new or replacement staff. Selects, trains, and orients departmental personnel. Responsible for work assignments and daily operations at the center
- Evaluates performance within delegated areas, recommends disciplinary actions as needed.
- Assists the Lancaster Healthcare Center Medical Director in fulfilling the clinical, academic, and administrative responsibilities of the center
- Participates in the development and enforcement of policies, health center standards, rules and regulations. Interacts with facility department managers, support staff, and physician staff to ensure coordinated efforts
- Manages the Lancaster Healthcare Center staff in implementing performance goals and objectives
- Assists in developing operational plans and budgets, including reporting and interpreting monthly and annual data to senior administrators
- Maintains compliance with government and insurance company requirements and with clinical standards of quality care
- Oversees preparation, scanning and filing of patient’s charts into the EMR system
- Oversees charge entry for the healthcare center
- Maintains a functional knowledge of the EMR system and can register patients and take patient messages when required.
- Supervises work study students at the Lancaster Healthcare Center.
- Schedule MS1 shadowing experiences at Lancaster Healthcare Center
- Reports personal time and attendance to Chair of Department of Family Medicine and the Medical Director of the Lancaster Healthcare Center. Responsible for enforcing PCOM’s Unscheduled Absence and Lateness policy for support staff.
- Directs cost efficient ordering of office, medical and pharmaceutical supplies and office equipment.
- Maintains records on all purchasing receipts and invoices and provide monthly credit card reports.
- Analyzes and recommends changes in organizational procedures and policies.
- Participates in appropriate community and educational activities.
- Participates in professional association activities to ensure currency of practice and health care delivery trends
- Supports new physicians and assists the Medical Director in orienting them to the center’s administrative functions
- Ensures the safety of patients, visitors, staff, physicians and students
- Resolves any medical operations or administrative problems.
- Maintains open lines of communication with staff and physicians to ensure high employee morale and an efficient and professional clinic atmosphere.
- Implements all Patient-Centered Medical Home elements into the work flow of the office.
- Is responsible for all quality improvement programs and files reports to insurance companies in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
Requires a minimum of four years of management experience in a healthcare organization and a minimum of three years in a clinic environment.
- Excellent customer relations and provides quality service.
- Exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, third party payers, patients and the public.
- Organizing work, making assignments and achieving goals and objectives.
- Exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Being an example of professional behavior and appearance to all staff
- Principles and practices of health planning and management sufficient to manage, direct and coordinate the operation of a healthcare center.
- Purpose, organization and policies of the community’s health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
- Policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to direct its operations and to provide effective patient care.
- Principles and practices of employee development sufficient to ensure organizational productivity.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Groupwise, Excel, and Word. Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Access preferred. Proficiency in NextGen or similar practice management/electronic medical records system is required. Knowledge of the Banner system is preferred.
- Research, analyze and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally.
- Function in a leadership role influencing medical and administrative staff.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
No Board Certification or Board Eligibility is required.
Requires sitting and standing associated with normal office environment. Occasional lifting not exceeding 20 pounds. Manual dexterity and mobility in order to use personal computer and other office equipment.
Performs complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge and its application to a variety of situations as well as exercising of independent judgment.
Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
All inquiries must include: a curriculum vitae or resume, salary requirements, and three (3) references, preferably from current or former supervisors.
PCOM adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Job Type: Full-time