Summary/Objective: The Demand Planner analyzes inventory levels, production speed and product demand to determine the amount of product held in inventory at any time and determines the best metrics to use to provide the most accurate representation of the forecast. The demand planner must be able to convert large amounts of data into presentable information to help provide insights and gain forecast consensus among multiple departments within the organization. The demand planner manages inventory planning, forecasting and purchasing and drives the procurement strategy for the company from a supply base located mainly in Asia.
Essential Functions - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages SKU level forecasts using multiple sources of quantitative and qualitative data including OE forecasts, future orders, historical sales and feedback from sales and marketing teams.
- Builds 12 – 24-month sales forecast that incorporates multiple sources of information such as OE forecasts at varying horizons, marketing insights, internal forecasts for the aftermarket and promotions, historical sales and transitional information such as NPO (new product launch) and EOL (end of life).
- Consults with functional teams such as sales, marketing, operations, finance and product management to obtain relevant data and insights on demand.
- Leads Demand meetings with Sales and Product Management to review forecast error, future forecasts and ensures EOL, NFI and replacement products are properly account for in the forecast.
- Integrates the Demand review results into the final business planning process.
- Accurately loads forecast into the ERP system to drive appropriate requirements.
- Provides Sales & Marketing team with various reports to support market research and customer meetings.
- Drives improvement in company’s key metrics such as forecast accuracy, fill rate, inventory turns, SMOG and EBITDA.
- Supports business marketing, inventory and production strategies and organizational / supply chain improvement opportunities to meet market needs and company growth initiatives.
- Leads and / or participates in cross-functional projects.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders, including customers.
- Actively participates in the S&OP process to ensure efficient balancing of supply and demand
- Reduces excess inventory items to minimal levels through collaboration with sales team and proper inventory ordering practices
- Self-confident and self-starter.
- Ability to remain focused on core processes despite outside influence
- Effective communicator
- Creative and resourceful
- Highly organized and analytical
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, logistics, finance, engineering, mathematics, statistical analysis or related degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years of demand planning experience in a multi-product / location environment.
- Deep understanding and experience of MRP systems and the implications of accuracy.
- Particularly strong in data gathering and analytics using Excel, Access, Sequel Server and other similar tools.
- Experience in managing supply chains from Asia.
- Experience with end-of-cycle and absolute inventory.
- Supply Chain/Inventory certification(s) (e.g., APICS; CPIM; CSCP; CPP; Supply Chain
- 10% travel is normally expected for this position, mostly within the territory.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- International Business: 3 years (Preferred)
- Supply Chain Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Inventory Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused