The Interstate Family of Companies encompasses five distinct companies that provide global transportation, supply chain logistics and relocation management solutions to individuals, corporations and government agencies. At Interstate we offer a strong benefits package, competitive salaries and opportunities for growth and development.
We are seeking a Consumer Sales Move Consultant to join our team in Springfield, VA.
In this role, you will:
- Represent Interstate and solicit moving/ transportation services or storage business from homeowners (consumers) and business establishments.
- Estimates packing, crating, moving, and storage costs. This includes interstate; intrastate; local relocations; and storage transactions, limited to the movement and storage of used household goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Networks and markets company services within the target markets.
- Prospects, establishes, and maintains relationships with customers to create opportunities for future and sustainable business.
- Prepares accurate and complete on-site moving estimates, examines goods to be moved or stored, estimates cubic feet of storage or shipping space required, and prepares a proposal for the price of packing, crating, moving, shipping, and delivering household goods, machinery, or other material.
- Follows pricing guidelines as established by the company. Completes sales paperwork in an accurate and timely manner - documents all estimates with any special packing and delivery instructions.
- Performs follows-up on pending estimates and maintains information in designated system.
- Writes orders for the Company’s services within the territory authorized to be served by the Company.
- Maintains direct contact with customers to answer questions and resolve issues prior to, during and after the move.
- Communicates all customer expectations to Management and Operations team.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly performance standards.
- Assists and aids the Company in the prompt and efficient handling of the business of the Company.
- Prepares the necessary forms in connection with the requested services, such as survey data, declarations, orders for service, bills of lading, etc., and enters such data into the administrative systems of the Company.
- Develops lists of prospective customers from review of publications, contacts with business organizations and associations, networking groups, and real estate agencies to include Open Houses, Broker Opens; prepares mailing to potential customers from home sales listings.
- Assists in the identification and collection of prospective customer list, answers customer inquiries for services, provides customer support services on the phone for registered customer moves, and assists with the resolution of customer issues and complaints.
- Completes OA/DA Surveys within prescribed time accurately entering results in “Arthur”
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of actions taken.
- Meets or exceeds monthly sales goals.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience in household goods moving experience is highly preferred
- Motivated to succeed in a competitive environment and must possess a solid work ethic and a demonstrated ability to convert prospects into clients.
Interstate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission