Summary of Position:
The SDET III role will work very closely with the members of a cross-functional delivery team and will be focused on creating and maintaining test automation while reporting qualitative results against established goals. Specifically, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of test automation tools and frameworks to create automated tests.
- Design, develop and extend test architecture and frameworks that facilitate unattended
validation of delivered products, services, and interfaces
- Design, implement, execute and debug information technology test cases and scripts
- Articulate and advocate for best-of-class design, development, and testing practices that
enable automated validation at all levels of the product’s architecture
- Enable and collaborate with the QA staff to increase automated test coverage through
enabling code frameworks and tools, training, and paired programming
- Implement automated test cases that increase test coverage
- Contribute to performance and scalability testing efforts
- Identify and evangelize best practices on making code more testable
- Work effectively with developers, management and team members to clarify needs and
testing requirements of major product changes, future versions, and new products
- Participate in test case reviews
- Write test code against software platforms
- Applying systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine software or system
1. Ensures Accountability
2. Tech Savvy
3. Communicates Effectively
4. Values Differences
5. Customer Focus
7. Drives Results
8. Plans and Prioritizes
9. Decision Quality
This position is 25% at the client site, depending on the project. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee in this position frequently communicates with other co-workers/clients who have inquiries about the various projects and other needs. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operate a computer and office machinery such as a calculator, keyboard, copy machine, and printer. Frequently moves boxes with equipment weighing up to 25lbs across the building and/or to other offsite buildings for various project needs.
Required Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
5+ years of experience
- Ability to dissect requirements and architecture into implementations of code and testing
frameworks that validate working software in an autonomous fashion
- Experience with either Elasticsearch Query (ELK), Ruby on Rails, RESTful, Python, JQuery,
- Experience building data-driven tests and frameworks for Web, Microservices
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and tools such as RSpec, Selenium, JUnit, xUnit,
- Experience with building load and scalability frameworks or using tools such as
LoadRunner, JMeter, BlazeMeter, SilkPerformer
3MD, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.