Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for a Program Manager, Global Mobility & Immigration to join us in our Center Valley, PA office.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Program Manager, Global Mobility & Immigration will lead the Global Mobility team within the Olympus Corporation of the Americas (OCA) HR Team, located in the OCA Headquarters in Center Valley, PA. The incumbent will provide strategic leadership and consultation regarding the Global Mobility program, in addition to immigration matters in the Americas, with particular focus on the North American region. You will be responsible for managing the Global Mobility Coordinator who will be the point of contact for our business partners Expats and will escalate matters as appropriate to you. The incumbent will also serve as the subject matter expert for U.S. immigration requirements, manage the North American Immigration program, and ensure full compliance with respective immigration laws. You will advise on specific global immigration challenges, foster new and strategic ideas, and support the immigration hiring process. You will also influence the business, create partnerships, and grow cross-functional relationships. Additionally you will explore the alignment and support of all Global Mobility matters for the Latin America Division, working with the HR teams and business leaders in those locations to determine the appropriate support both internally and externally through third party vendors, as well as establishing and educating on new processes, policies, etc.
As the Manager of Global Mobility and Immigration working on the HR Operations team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. In a typical day, you will:
Global Mobility Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership and consulting on global mobility matters with the HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, and the business.
- Work closely with Mobility colleagues in other countries to identify efficiencies, recommend strategies, and ensure synergy between the relocation and immigration programs.
- Develop relationships with HR and business leaders to understand global mobility issues.
- Manage the relocation provider including exception requests, facilitate ongoing education for HR and the business on relocation policies and practices; stay abreast of trends advising and recommending changes current practices and policies as needed Report out quarterly metrics to the business and monthly KPI’s to HR.
Strategic Leadership and Consultation Responsibilities:
- Oversee the facilitation of the application and maintenance of U.S. lawful immigration status and employment authorization for employees and successful applicants (incoming new hires).
- Provide strategies and guidance to HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Business Leaders, Payroll, Legal and Finance regarding complex immigration matters and effectively communicate options and recommendation.
- Manage outside immigration counsel to ensure adherence to compliance, service level standards and communication protocol.
- Present business leaders and HR with meaningful analytics and immigration regulation updates and its impact to OCA’s immigration program and US and Canadian Expats.
- Partner with OCA HR and Global Mobility functions in other Olympus countries and the business to drive innovation that allows the business to meet their global human capital needs, research, recommend and implement technology needs as appropriate, as well as develop and maintain an appropriate service level.
- Present and develop training to HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition and create relocation & immigration resources, process flows, and procedures Strategize, design, implement, and continually improve seamless Mobility & immigration processes and policies.
- Drive global projects to support the business in their global growth.
- Develop a Global Mobility Country Guide and Team process "playbooks" to include updated timelines and costs (including per diems) by country for Business Visas and Work Permits and tax implications.
- Work closely with the OCA Tax department and lead on complex tax matters for the team, including Individual assignee cases (e.g., reviewing detailed tax equalization calculations).
- Follow agreed-to process for hybrids managing situations that do not fit typical OCA structures to deliver Employee Experience activities, proactively identifying actions and /or risks to effectively execute.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Global Mobility in fast-paced company or management consulting.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading a team.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience driving projects and change management independently across multiple teams.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with and presenting to executive audiences.
- Up to 20% travel, both domestic and international, may be necessary
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with and drawing insights from raw data.
- Project Management and Data Analytics knowledge.
- Interpreting industry trends and translating them to forecast short, mid and long term organizational talent needs.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Strong consultative skills/influencing skills.
- Strong previous partnerships with Talent Acquisition, Benefits/Total Rewards, HR Business Partners, Tax, Legal and Executive level leaders.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Work LocationHeadquarters OCA
Auto req ID4413BR
Olympus America Inc
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We’re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
Olympus America Inc
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled