Role Summary / Purpose:
Reporting directly to the CEO and provides executive support in a one-on one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. And serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative task for the CEO including; managing an extremely active Calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and complaining documents for travel- related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, foundation staff, and others, on the matters related to the CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer”, having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritized conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
Serves as the CEO administrative liaison to S.U.I.T.E. Media Productions and Management’s Board of Directors.
- Assist board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the executive team including assisting in scheduling meetings.
- Assists COO in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, all staff meetings where the CEO will be involved.
- Facilitates cross- divisional coordination of travel communications, outreach and partnerships.
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio and other professional sales packaging is kept updated and responds to approved requests for materials regarding the CEO along with organization when necessarily appropriate.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders or other parties.
- Oversees and/or coordinates with CEO’s other team members, speakers, marketing, manager, legal, etc.
- Oversees and directs personal assistant of CEO.
- Works with Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the CEO’s Outreach activities.
- Follow ups on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Represents CEO in absence on specific projects, companies ensuring continued progress toward successful deadlines.
- Coordinating and scheduling third party business effort with managers, agents and other departments/companies out of and within the enterprise.
- Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters from CEO when necessary.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal s skills and the ability to build relationships with stake holders, including staff, board members, external partners.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem- solving with strong decision- making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Must as priority to position travel and mange at a high performance level work load during times of travel with, or prior to the arrival of the CEO
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a corporate organization.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and creation of new potential opportunities for company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and social media web platforms.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission- driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure, at times, to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Excellent benefits package: medical, 401(k), life.
Occasional walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, traveling.
** Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential job functions.**
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,334.00 - $73,280.00 per year
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma