- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- Makes direct contact with brokers and their assistants including participating in meetings and visits as required.
- Provides good customer service by responding promptly and courteously to all requests for information, working with the underwriter to assess accounts for quoting and, binding
- Review and e-mail or fax quote and binder letters
- Prepare policies for policy issuance
- Review policies for accuracy and regulatory standards
- Review policy logs for accurate input
- Input policy and underwriting data in appropriate systems
- Works to prepare submission risk evaluation for review by the underwriter
- Prepare and forward appropriate documentation to solicit FAC RE quotes where/if applicable
- Review new submissions for complete information and appropriate underwriting appetite
- Prepare the renewal for underwriting review and evaluation for quotations and binders
- Works with identified resources to maintain a structured diary system. Working with identified resources to structure and maintain file organization.
- Manage diary system to ensure that all necessary information is received within established timelines
- Follow up of delinquent data
- Maintain submission and policy files according to documented standards
- Pre review inspection reports and highlight information for underwriting if applicable
- Works with premium accounting to resolve premium and data discrepancies.
- Handle special projects and assignment as directed.
Other desired skills and characteristics:
- High school diploma required. College degree preferred
- Minimum 3-7 years’ experience in the commercial insurance industry as a General Liability Underwriting Assistant
- Must possess a solid understanding of Property and Casualty insurance coverages and principles, familiarity with ISO commercial class codes, rating, and Compliance guidelines
- MS Office Suite and Outlook or similar computer software experience a must. Strong aptitude for learning new computer programs is required.
- Strong customer service skills and a professional attitude are required.
- Proficient multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Strong Math skills, and Verbal/Written communication skills
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills, as well as strong customer service skills
- Professional Development in industry coursework ongoing