Netra Systems, Inc. (http://netrasystems.com/) is a dynamic start-up building cutting edge imaging and metrology products for industrial and biomedical applications. Our products are being used by the world's leading scientists and companies for making break-through discoveries and developing sophisticated biomedical applications. You would get to work in a highly dynamic environment building products that would help minimize blindness in the world.
Looking for an opto-electro-mechanical technician to work closely with a team of mechanical, optical and systems engineers to build sophisticated optical imaging.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Build and test complex electro-opto-mechanical assemblies, and laser imaging systems (prototypes) to meet performance specifications under minimal supervision
2. Build opto-mechanical breadboards
3. Perform soldering, build electrical/electronic components, connectors and cables
4. Set-up and align optical diagnostic equipment.
5. Troubleshoot and perform problem isolation on modules and sub-assembly components.
6. Maintain data systems to record and report test results.
7. Provide technical input and suggestions on process/procedural improvements.
8. Analyze equipment performance and schedule maintenance and calibration as required.
9. Source/order material, and review drawings and bills of material.
10. Perform failure analysis and determine root cause with minimal instructions.
11. Maintain a professional work space and environment.
1. AS degree or comparable level laser or optics courses is required
2. >2 years’ experience in laser, photonics or high technology laboratory/manufacturing is preferred.
3. Experience in building and maintaining a sophisticated opto-electro-mechanical lab desired.
4. Previous experience ( >3 years) with visible and infra-red lasers, work at a start-up company, and/or work on new products is beneficial.
5. Experienced in handling small delicate components, using ESD practices.
6. Experience in the use of various computer applications, including one or more of the following: SolidWorks, Zemax, Matlab, Excel, and Labview is a plus.
7. Must have good opto-mechanical-electrical skills.
8. Expertise in soldering, building electrical/electronic components, connectors and cables is a plus
9. Must be able to use oscilloscopes, galvanometers, spectrometers, and cameras.
10. Must be a self-starter, an excellent team-player and must have strong communications skills
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $20.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Optical: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma