- Enrolled in Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Math, Statistics or related field.
- Background in machine learning with domain knowledge and experience in the following areas: data-driven statistical modeling, graphical models, feature extraction and analysis, supervised learning, in particular discriminative methods.
- Theory and practice of Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of results.
- An understanding of machine learning, algorithms and computational complexity.
- Programming skills sufficient to extract, transform, and clean large (multi-TB) data sets in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Skills with Java, C++, R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting and programming languages.
Are you a MS or PhD student interested applying machine learning techniques to big-data sets? Are you excited by analyzing and modeling terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems? We love data and we have lots of it. We’re looking for smart scientists capable of using machine learning and statistical techniques to invent state-of-the-art solutions to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
Amazon has multiple positions available for Machine Learning Scientists in Seattle, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, Pittsburgh, and Cupertino.
- Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science.
- Algorithm development experience
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Familiar with the techniques and limitations of observational studies.
- Familiar with theory and practice of information retrieval, relevance, machine learning, and data mining.
- Skilled at data visualization and presentation.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
- Energy and willingness to formulate, test, and discard or revise many hypotheses to help Amazon improve its product catalog.
- Experience solving business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms.
- Strong desire to push your ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit Amazon's customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation