Why you should come and work with us!
- We work in highly a collaborative environment, with different technologies, so there will be plenty of things to learn and developer in your career
- We have a casual working environment, jeans, business casual, suits, whatever you prefer
- We offer professional and personal growth from online training to soft skills training to tuition reimbursement if you want to further pursue your education
- Other awesome perks like MAC Equipment with 22" monitor, associate discounts, summer Fridays, 401k matching and more!
- Create Web application front end as per design comps;
- Build modular and reusable components;
- Adapt to established coding standards and group procedures and get guidance as necessary from Senior UI Developers/Tech Leads;
- Plan and estimate their project in an accurate time format (hours, days, weeks), owning the entire project and becoming a subject matter expert (SME) and sharing that knowledge with others;
- Properly document their code through comments and documentation/diagrams;
- Improve code quality as they receive and learn from continuous feedback in their tech reviews and begin to give their own tech reviews to other developers;
- Deliver projects with quality and in a time-efficient matter. They should progressively deliver their features faster;
- Collaborate with our partners (PdM, Creative, UX, QE, Backend, Senior UI Developers, MCOM Technology, Site Ops, etc);
- Conduct testing on multiple devices and browsers before committing their code, creating Jasmine test cases with ample coverage;
- Understand entire SDLC (software development life cycle) process;
- Ensure design consistency with our coded style guide (CSG);
- Familiarity with our process tools (JIRA, VersionOne, Confluence);
- Understand and implement good practices for SEO, Site Performance, Accessibility and Cross-Browser compatibility;
- Influence architecture stack and standards through increased collaboration with MCOM and other BCOM developers;
- Demonstrate leadership through Tech Talks, presentations, mentoring other developers;
- Experience with mobile web and responsive/adaptive design;
- Good understanding of communication with backend (Java, Node).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering OR relevant experience
- 3+ years experience in UI development
- Experience with jQuery, RequireJS, Foundation, Backbone, Handlebars
- Experience in designing and implementing responsive layouts
- Experience with Java technologies (JSP/JSTL) Experience with Git and non-distributed Version Control systems (CVS, SVN, etc.)
- Being able to work independently and collaborate well within the team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Knowledge of NodeJS a plus
- Knowledge of Underscore a plus
- Knowledge of SASS a plus
- Strong understanding of the SDLC lifecycle
- Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome etc.) for dynamic web applications.
- Good troubleshooting skills including multi-browser compatibility issues
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.