Position: Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician II
Location: Waco, TX
Shift: Monday – Friday; 2nd shift (2pm – 10pm); work every other weekend
While reporting to the Plant Engineer OR Maintenance Supervisor, as the Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician (Maintenance/Electro Mechanic), for performing maintenance tasks, specifically proactive tasks, necessary to provide high quality, efficient, timely shipment of Sonoco products. Safety, quality, productivity and strong work ethic are important to the Sonoco culture.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Installing and maintaining auxiliary equipment as required by production
- Maintaining and repairing utility and facility-related equipment as directed by the Plant Engineer.
- Assisting/training other maintenance personnel with repairs, PM’s, and rebuilds.
- Collaborating closely with other departments and teams for proactive problem resolutions.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Manage small projects to maintain or upgrade equipment.
- Performing all duties in support of Sonoco’s quality and safety policies.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in an industrial environment or military experience troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining manufacturing equipment
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting, industrial and motor controls
- Comfortable with mechanical lifts, ladders, kneeling, bending and twisting; lifting up to 50 lbs
- Working independently and managing multiple tasks in an off shift position with rotating shifts that will require overtime including weekends
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
These benefits include: Health, Vision, Dental, Matching 401k, Flexible Spending, Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, Life Insurance, 10 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, paid vacation after completion of 90 days, as well as voluntary benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $39.54 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waco, TX 76712: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Programmable logic controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person