Req Id: 122304
As a Facility HVAC Technician at Micron Technology, in Manassas, VA, you will independently perform routine and non-routine complex tasks associated with maintaining industrial equipment such as: chillers, boilers, pumps, chemical pumps, air handlers, piping, valves, VAV boxes, Air Balance, Ultra Pure Water and industrial waste water treatment equipment. You will inspect equipment and operating systems while performing maintenance. You will independently perform complex troubleshooting and repairs to the component level.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Maintain Site Mechanical Systems
2. Perform Preventative Maintenance as scheduled
3. Perform non-routine repairs and maintenance
4. Manage assigned work scheduling
5. Perform pump rebuilds
6. Perform ultra-pure water system carbon and resin change outs
7. Perform troubleshooting of system and system components
8. Perform shaft and belt alignments per procedure
Develop Technical Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
1. Participate in provided vendor training
2. Learn, understand, and follow manufactures recommendations
3. Author, review, and update procedures
4. Learn, understand, and demonstrate knowledge of systems and system components
5. Participate in Continuous Improvement and Reliability Initiatives
6. Participate as a team member on Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams
7. Collaborate with site engineers to drive system improvements and enhancements
8. Collaborate with site engineers on new system installation, providing feedback on drawings and walk through of design
9. Collaborate with procurement to ensure site spares inventory is accurate and applicable
Maintain Equipment and System Maintenance Records
1. Complete work documentation in a timely fashion to include safety, job planning, site awareness of work, purchasing and other necessary paperwork to complete your job functions.
2. Complete log entries in work order system, ensuring the “as found” and “as left” data is included
3. Participate in reviewing of information relative to assets
4. Have all necessary paperwork at each job to include safety, checklist and job plans and check steps off as you go
5. Participate in reviewing of Job Plans associated with PM program and request changes as necessary
Successful candidates for this position will have:
1. 2+ years of industrial maintenance experience (required)
2. A strong knowledge of industrial facilities systems and inter-related disciplines (required)
3. HVAC journeyman’s Licenses (preferred)
4. A customer service approach and excellent communication skills (preferred)
5. Fluent computer skills including spreadsheets and PowerPoint (preferred)
6. A high level of self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision (preferred)
7. The ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently while prioritizing and scheduling workload (preferred)
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Manassas || Virginia (US-VA) || United States (US) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Facilities/Site Services || #LI-AD1 ||