This position supports a busy team of Physical Therapists at a small practice in Bethesda Maryland. There is extensive patient-provider interaction in this role, and good customer service skills are required. This position manages PT supply inventory, oversees patients on the gym floor, and is the pivot point for provider-patient communication. Please bring your good judgment, creative thinking, and team spirit. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about patient care and fostering optimal performance in all of our patients.
- Ensure continuity of patient/client treatment flow to/from room and gym; and prompts patients/clients their exercise sequence as instructed by the physical therapist.
- Daily stocking and inventory of PT supplies.
- Disinfect and clean all equipment and treatment furniture after every patient/client use
- Equipment checks - Ensure all equipment is in good running condition. Report to PT immediately if any equipment is broken or malfunctioning.
- Maintain overall cleanliness in all treatment area, common area and wet room/pantry
- Set up patients/clients on modalities properly assuring patient comfort and safety
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, and assist patients practicing exercises and functional activities. Record treatment, stretches, and exercises supervised and equipment used.
- Observe patients during treatment to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress and report to physical therapist
- Confer with physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, or coordinating treatment.
- Fold, store, and stock laundry supplies as necessary.
- Light administrative support as requested to include patient calls, check in/out, and other misc. tasks.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Students actively pursuing PT school are highly encouraged to apply
- CPR Certified
- Computer literacy -- Experience in Microsoft products and an EMR is a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance documentation requirements is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with he ability to communicate and interact with patients clearly and with compassion is a MUST.
- Ideal candidate must be extremely reliable, highly flexible, energetic, motivated, able to multi-task with a high degree of accuracy, work well with others, and have a strong interest in helping people.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Physical Therapy Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Physical Therapy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bethesda, MD 20817 (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules