Job Title Systems Analyst
Department Development Services
Full Time/Part Time Full-Time
Requisition Number S20341
Open Date 01/16/2020
Close Date 01/31/2020
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Benefits Eligible Yes
Eligible for Overtime No
The Systems Analyst works at an experienced level supporting the university’s alumni/development systems, (OwlConnect, powered by Blackbaud CRM) and related applications, including the integrations to and from other campus systems. The Systems Analyst has expertise in a combination of technical and business application areas and actively participates in new technology initiatives. The position is responsible for working with OwlConnect users to develop queries, reports, automated business processes and data warehouse solutions to support their business needs.
Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Computer science, engineering, management information systems, or a related field.
Substitution for Education Requirement
Experience Required 3 years
Type of Experience
Related experience in application administration and support and experience utilizing SQL and related SQL management tools, including SSMS, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS.
Substitution for Experience Requirement
- Four or more years of related experience in application software support
- Programming experience utilizing SQL and related SQL tools, and report development tools using SSRS and Tableau
- Experience developing business intelligence solutions; experience using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- Experience with project management methodologies
- Experience with Alumni/Development database systems, preferably Blackbaud CRM
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes and work flow
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications
- Experience with SQL scripting
- Skill in conducting interviews
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs
- Listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to maintain good customer relations with clients and external vendors and partners
Thorough understanding and working knowledge of alumni relations and/or fundraising.
Internal / External Contacts
Individual will have contact with staff, faculty, and students.
Individual will have contact with vendors
Must be able to work at a desktop computer workstation for up to eight hours a day.
Evening/weekend and on call work as required to meet project deadlines and/or maintain system availability.
Rice University Standard of Civility
Serves as a representative of the University, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of the Rice community and with the public.
As defined under the Texas Education Code and Rice Policy No. 425, this position is security sensitive and employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.