Cape Henry Associates
Cape Henry Associates is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business that specializes in providing manpower, personnel, training, and education solutions to our Department of Defense customers.
We are currently looking for an Instructional Systems Specialist, who has prior military (Navy) experience and a current Active “Secret” Security Clearance. Instructional Systems Specialists are responsible for the administration and supervision educational or training services in formal education and training programs in support of customer and program objectives under the supervision of a Project Lead. Qualified candidates should be local to Newport, R.I., or surrounding areas to be considered for this position.
Major responsibilities include:
- Administers, supervises, advises on, designs, develops, or provides educational or training services in formal education or training programs.
- The work requires knowledge of learning theory and the principles, methods, practices, and techniques of one or more specialties of the instructional systems field.
- The work may require knowledge of one or more subjects or occupations in which educational or training instruction is provided.
- The work requires experience with the Instructional Systems Development (ISD) model in developing new and/or revised instructional materials.
- Select instructional media, materials, and equipment best suited to meet learning objectives.
- Plan and accomplish production of all instructional materials.
- Identify the relationship between training deficiencies and training system modification requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Full-time (40 hours per week). Salaried. Exempt.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional System Design/Analysis or similar technical degree;
- 3- 5 years experience in instructional systems analysis, design, and development;
- Maintain minimum “Secret” level security clearance;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to read, interpret, organize, and synthesize source material into well-written, concise learning products;
- Proficient with the Authoring Instructional Material (AIM) II;
- Ability to apply Integrated Learning Environment (ILE), ILT and IMI principles and guidelines for the design and development of training products;
- Experience in the learning theories such as:
- ISD-Instructional System Design (ADDIE or similar)
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Gagne’s Nine Events of Instruction
- Collaborative Constructivist Learning
- Problem-based Learning
- Cognitive Theory of Multimedia Learning
- Discovery Learning
- Ability to learn and establish a working knowledge of military terminology.
Work Environment and Travel:
- This position is located Newport, Rhode Island. Qualified candidates should be local to Newport, R.I., or surrounding areas to be considered for this position. This position is located on base at the Center for Service Support-CSS.
- Ability to lift items and/or equipment up to 50 lbs. on limited occasions.
- Travel up to 10% anticipated.
Cape Henry Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time