The Intel RealSense Group is looking for a Software Integration and Embedded Platform Engineer.
Intel is transforming itself from a PC company to a company that powers the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The RealSense Group is at the forefront of that transformation, developing software and hardware to sensify computing for robots, drones, AR/VR, and other exciting new technologies.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Performing regular integration of software components developed by several teams, to form products of high quality and performance
- Leading the initial diagnosis and debug of issues discovered during integration of software components
- Coordinating and tracking efforts to resolve defects and improve quality, by working with multiple development teams
- Creating and/or maintaining tools and tests to automate 1) discovery of software defects and 2) tracking of key performance metrics across development history
- Monitoring or modifying build systems used by team, and resolving issues (with help of dedicated operations team) as needed
- Developing or modifying features in embedded platform code
- Implementing algorithm code to make more efficient use of embedded platform
In addition to the above, it is desirable that the person in this position should do outreach with the algorithm developers: helping them understand the integration system, working with them in a pair programming context where needed, and being an aggressive promoter for the highest quality of coding practices in the broader community. This will include both the manner in which our own internal tools and systems are used, as well as more generic good coding practices.
- MS or equivalent experience in Computer Science
- Excellent C/C++ and software engineering skills
- Knowledge of Python and other scripting tools
- Excellent problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Hands-on implementation and product development experience for real-time systems
- Ability to develop for performance at both the algorithm and code levels
- Strong familiarity with multi-threaded systems and intra-thread IPC systems
- Familiarity with software build, development, and version control tools such as git, Jenkins, cmake, etc.
- Thorough understanding of all test fundamentals, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), test management tools, and defect tracking tools
- Experience with professional coding practices (this means code reviews, incremental and unit testing, Agile/Scrum type processes, etc.)
- Good communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams
- Embedded platform development experience
- Computer vision knowledge and interest
- Experience with testing 3D computer vision/AR/VR
- Experience with Movidius architecture and software development
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
Inside this Business Group
Enrich people's lives through devices and machines that perceive the world in 3d by researching, developing, and producing advanced computing solutions based on natural sensing and interactions, intuitive interfaces, immersive applications and user experiences. RealSense technology is charting new territory in perceptual computing by sensing, understanding, interacting and learning in ways that will revolutionize the way we solve problems in both consumer and enterprise markets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....