We are looking to hire a skilled Mobile Phlebotomist/ Technician to travel to specified locations and draw blood samples from patients. The Mobile Phlebotomist’s responsibilities include maintaining a safe and sterile work environment, assembling all medical instruments and supplies before preparing patients for venipuncture procedures, and monitoring patients' vital signs as required. You should also discuss any allergies and needle-related phobias with patients before beginning venipuncture procedures.
To be successful as a Mobile Phlebotomist, you should be detail-oriented and have sound knowledge of standard blood drawing practices and safety protocols. Ultimately, an exceptional Mobile Phlebotomist should demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to carry out venipuncture procedures without causing injury to patients.
Mobile Phlebotomist Responsibilities:
- Traveling to specified locations to draw blood samples as required.
- Gathering mandatory information from patients and verifying their identities.
- Disinfecting extraction sites using alcohol swabs.
- Locating suitable veins and extracting blood samples using clean needles.
- Cleaning puncture sites and covering them with gauze, cotton-wool balls, or sticking plasters.
- Appropriately discarding used needles, syringes, and other items used during venipuncture procedures.
- Appropriately storing blood samples in accordance with established guidelines.
- Accurately labeling blood samples.
- Maintaining accurate patient records, which includes detailing any medical issues experienced by patients during venipuncture procedures that may affect the accuracy of test results.
Mobile Phlebotomist Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a postsecondary education phlebotomy program.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $21.00 - $25.00 per hour
- phlebotomy: 1 year (Preferred)