DIVISION/LOCATION: Elementia USA LLC – Houston, TX
POSITION TITLE: Vice President of Human Resources
REPORTS TO TITLE: Chief Executive Officer
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for directing all the people functions of the corporation in accordance with the policies and practices of the Corporation, the ethical and social consciences of business and society and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. The incumbent will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide with the best people talent available and to position the company as the Employer of Choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the all of industry in general.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's human resource function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the corporation.
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the company.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation. In particular, manage the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the corporation.
- Manage other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health and community relations.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Human Resources Department.
- Manage union relationships and collective bargaining agreements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires strong computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors.
- Proper oral and written communication.
- 15+ year’s human resources experience at senior level.
- English (Fluent– read, write, speak)
- Spanish (Fluent – read, write, speak)
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management.
- SHRM-SCP or SPHR preferred.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Candidate must be willing to relocate to Houston, Texas.
· Travel 25%
Job Type: Full-time
- union: 5 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources Management: 10 years (Required)
- Budget Management: 10 years (Required)
- English & Spanish (Required)