Reynolds and Reynolds is an industry leader in developing software and business forms for the automotive industry. These products enable car dealerships to operate more efficiently and effectively in a competitive marketplace.
As a Network Support Specialist, you will serve as the single point of ownership for dealership computer hardware and networking issues. This can include troubleshooting and repairing problems with data communication equipment, routers, switches and firewalls. You will interact with both internal and external customers to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Network and telecommunications knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of building and supporting the network infrastructure that all servers, clients and applications use to transfer their data
- Experience of configuring network equipment, routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, good understanding of the routing protocols, filters, data segregation, security features, telecommunications and IP Subnetting
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
For a new associate coming in, the training curve for this team is typically about 3+ years. The skill involved in troubleshooting networks can pretty much only be learned by experience, as most of the networks built seldom follow the rules stated in the books.
Our associates receive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer company contributions to your HSA, 6% match on 401(k), and a work/life balance with paid time off. At our Dayton office, you can take advantage of our great training programs and facility amenities, including onsite dining, onsite medical center, and our fitness center. We also offer a wide variety of sports and social leagues to participate in after work, along with volunteering initiatives through our Associate Foundation.
Reynolds and Reynolds promotes a healthy lifestyle by providing a non-smoking environment. Reynolds and Reynolds encourages applicants of all ages and experience to apply, as we do not discriminate on the basis of age.
Job Type: Full-time