TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
The Pre-Commissioning Engineer assigned to projects works under the guidance of Lead /Senior Engineer and/or Engineering Supervisor. He/She is responsible to complete Pre-Commissioning Engineering tasks required to execute a Pre-Commissioning package(s) in order to achieve Project objectives.
Ensures development and implementation of procedures, task plans, and processes within assigned scope of work; coordinating interfaces of all disciplines involved such as Project Management, Subcontracts, Supply Chain, QHSE, Fabrication, Operations, and Installation.
Position scope for Project:
Position scope for Tender:
- Perform engineering tasks associated with the Pre-Commissioning activities under direction of Project Manager, Installation Lead Engineer, and/or Lead Pre-Commissioning Specialist, ensuring tasks are completed within the allocated schedule and budget, and executed in accordance with TechnipFMC Policies and Procedures.
- Review and familiarization of Company required scope of work, drawings, project specifications and standards related to Pre-Commissioning work scopes.
- Assist in the development of Pre-Commissioning method statement, including overall philosophy.
- Assist in the development of MDR (list of procedure and as-built documentation deliverables).
- Identify the Pre-Commissioning personnel, equipment, consumables, and spares philosophy for assigned scope.
- Prepare scope of work and Material Requisition (MR)/Service Requisition (SR) documents, for the Pre-Commissioning subcontract of umbilicals, flowlines and pipelines.
- Prepare any required specifications for Pre-Commissioning equipment such as pig launcher/receiver, pigs, flanges, hot stabs, connectors, etc.
- Assist with the assessment and selection of Pre-Commissioning subcontractor. Review of subcontractor proposal (including equipment list, personnel, consumables, and qualifications) and organize clarification meeting with the Subcontracts Specialist.
- Assist in the preparation of subcontractor technical and commercial evaluation and comparison (technical compliance of solutions, contractual compliance with contract, project work time schedule compliance, cost comparison, participation in subcontractor audits).
- Follow-up with awarded subcontractor (on a daily basis), review/approval of Pre-Commissioning subcontractor project specific procedures, equipment spread, and ensure compliance with the required scope of work and specifications. Ensure that Pre-Commissioning procedures are available in due time.
- Provide Input/Review for specific equipment design and subsea structures FAT procedures.
- Coordinate all Pre-Commissioning internal and external technical interfaces with project team, Pre-Commissioning Subcontractors, vessel/platform personnel, Client, and Third-Party Contractor. Report on status of work, potential delays, problems, and so forth.
- Attend and participate in project risk analysis meetings, constructability reviews, HAZID/HIRA sessions, operation readiness review, and safety workshops, covering Pre-Commissioning activities as required
- Attend site survey (lay vessels, platform, and FPSO) to review Pre-Commissioning equipment deck layout and utilities requirement, Site Integration Tests (SITs), and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs). Issue post visit reports.
- Attend Subcontractor equipment review prior to mobilization (function test, check equipment certification and calibration package).
- Ensure Subcontractor equipment and personnel are mobilized according to the offshore operation schedule and any other non-subcontractor equipment.
- Support Project Offshore Installation activities as required. Ensure that all work is performed consistently in accordance with project procedures and to the highest technical standards.
- Manage all Technical Queries (TQ) and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) related to Pre-Commissioning scope. Providing technical justification for Technical Queries (TQ) and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) and ensure the TQs and NCRs are addressed / closed out.
- Ensure as-built documentation is received, review and close-out per schedule.
- Assist Subcontracts Specialist to close-out Subcontractor scope, including invoice review.
- Compile and present to department lesson learned for Pre-Commissioning activities on the project.
- Provide formal and informal reporting to the assigned Lead / Senior Engineer, and Engineering Supervisor on progress of engineering tasks and key issues.
Typical background and experience required:
- Review of Company project scope of work.
- Prepare and issue Request For Quotation (RFQ) to potential Subcontractor. Review, clarify and compare proposals.
- Preparation of Pre-Commissioning Plan, and budget including required equipment spreads. Ensure that the most efficient and cost-effective method is adopted on the projects
Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering Discipline or Equivalent.
A minimum of two years’ industry experience in the Oil & Gas industry, preferably an installation Contractor.
Offshore construction and installation experience on shallow water/deepwater projects.
Commitment to Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and motivation.
Ability and willingness to travel.
Displays career ambition and commitment to a career path.
Show respect for co-workers.
Demonstrate a commitment to self-improvement and development of the project team.
Able to develop robust, innovative solutions.
Self-motivated, flexible, and capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
Clear communication skills (written and verbal).
Planning, organization, time management skills, and interpersonal skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (e.g. Word, Excel and Power Point, and Projects)
Mobility (short-term business trips up to one week and assignments up to one month).
Travel to Client, Subcontractor, Supplier, and Consultant offices for meetings.
Travel to either onshore or offshore sites when required.
Undertake training courses.
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
“As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.”