BACO Realty Corporation is a privately held real estate management company founded in 1990 with its headquarters in San Francisco, California. Being a family owned and operated business, BACO is committed to operating according to the highest standards of ethical and moral integrity which to us means treating our employees, tenants, contractors, vendors and all stakeholders with respect, dignity and appreciation for their contribution to the collective success of the Company.
BACO believes in maintaining a workplace culture that allows its employees to feel comfortable, welcome and part of the Team. While maintaining state of the art technology, process and systems, our philosophy is that BACO is only as successful as its employees and we strive to live by those words on a daily basis. BACO measures success over the course of decades and thus takes its decisions and sets its strategical course with that time frame in mind. Due to that long-range perspective, BACO has been able to navigate and manage through several recessions and negative business cycles while maintaining its stellar track record of financial performance and relationship building.
Are you ready to join an exciting and growing team?
This position oversees and/or performs multi-state payroll processing functions to ensure time records are maintained; ensures pay is accurately calculated and proper deductions are made; and is responsible for functions relating to check preparation and distribution as scheduled. Processes employee time cards ensuring information is accurate and complete.
- Manage and oversee proper commission calculations for management teams based on gross revenues on a semi-monthly and monthly period.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll records by maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions, time off accruals, etc.
- Deducts insurance premiums, 401(k) contributions, and other voluntary benefits from employee paychecks as necessary.
- Ensures that all garnishments, SDI's and all other third party wage assignments are expedited in accordance with written instructions.
- Calculate and prepare retroactive pay and payroll discrepancies based on information provided by Human Resources or the department as applicable, in a timely manner.
- Maintain records of employee attendance, leave, and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements.
- Process payroll documents in accordance with existing policies and procedures, provincial legislations, and generally accepted practices.
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, garnishments and insurance for all manual checks.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts for upper management.
- Monthly reporting such as BLS, multi-state jurisdictions, etc.
- Prepare General Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, Apts 11A, ISM Reports, reports to submit to accounting for processing.
- Process year-end vacation cash out and Bonus Batches.
- Maintain close communications with Human Resources Manager to keep current on all employee changes to payroll administration.
- Processes and distributes paper checks.
- Answers employee questions about benefits, taxes, and payroll.
- Keeps logs and records of processed payrolls for reference.
- Retrieves payroll records for audits and other necessary purposes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Potential for Accounts Payable including ledgers for an assigned group of self storage properties.
- Any other payroll and/or HR/accounting related projects as they may arise.
Education and Experience: Preferred Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or other similar degree.
Preferred Skills and Work Experience: Minimum of 3 to 5 years of payroll processing experience for a multi-state employer with multiple locations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system (ADP Workforce Now and EZ Labor are a "must")
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office) and working knowledge of the Internet.
- Demonstrates good judgment; approachable and professional; solid problem solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; self-motivated; well organized.
Job Type: Full-time
- ADP Workforce Now: 1 year (Required)
- Payroll: 1 year (Required)
- San Francisco, CA (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave