We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic part-time Virtual Content Moderator to join our team! This position is focused on moderating texts, artwork, and videos posted by children in our educational website community. As a moderator, you will work three-hour shifts, with the option to work two back-to-back shifts in a day. Additionally, staying up to date with the latest trends is crucial to better understand and relate to our young audience. There are also many opportunities for growth in other areas of the company.
We are an educational website for children from Kindergarten through high school, offering a unique virtual social platform that engages and motivates children to learn.
Our student base is growing rapidly and we are currently hiring for multiple positions across several departments! Our expansion stems from two key factors: our commitment to providing exceptional educational content to our students by scaling our team with passionate individuals, and our pursuit of new opportunities to enhance our students' learning experiences by broadening our capabilities and expertise as an organization.
You can hear our CEO, Johannes Ziegler, discuss our company in this podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mabdbqbSco&t=23s&ab_channel=Universit%C3%A4tStuttgart.
- Tech-savvy: Ability to quickly learn and adapt to various computer applications.
- Trend-awareness: Staying up to date with the latest trends to better understand and relate to the young audience.
- Independent and self-motivated: Being remote, you need to hold yourself accountable for tasks and ongoing responsibilities with little supervision.
- Quick learner: Demonstrated ability to absorb and utilize new information efficiently.
- Detail-oriented: Strong attention to detail to ensure content moderation accuracy.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking: Proven experience in independently solving technical problems and providing solutions or workarounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: Exemplary written and spoken English language skills and fast typing abilities.
- Trust & integrity: Commitment to doing what is right and maintaining ethical standards.
- Empathy and patience: Ability to interact with child members and their parents compassionately and patiently.
- Resilient and adaptable: Capacity to take critical feedback and handle difficult customer situations effectively.
- Team player: Excellent communication and collaboration with internal teams and external customers.
- Reliable high-speed internet and computer: Access to a laptop or desktop with a high-speed internet connection that supports multitasking, including video.
Pay: $16.00 - 20.00 per hour
Join our team as a Virtual Content Moderator and contribute to creating a safe and engaging learning environment for children. Apply now!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you willing to complete a background check?
- Are you open to work any shift between 6am and 6pm PST, including occasional weekends and holidays?
- Please list any other ongoing time commitments you may have, such as schooling or additional part-time employment.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Moderation: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote