Variety Wholesalers Regional Loss Prevention Manager
The Variety Wholesalers, Inc. Regional Loss Prevention Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of all loss prevention and asset management programs within the Variety Wholesaler’s enterprise. The Regional Loss Prevention Manager executes and evaluates the results of, and compliance to, shrink related and operational processes for the company regularly and systematically. Supports and cultivates a vibrant safety culture within the Variety Wholesaler’s enterprise. Is an excellent business partner to store operations and other internal customers. Will represent Variety Wholesalers, Inc. in a professional manner that reflects the values and standards of the organizations missions and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Educate and train all levels of store management and store associates in programs and methods for protecting inventory, cash, equipment and other company assets.
· Provides training, completes store reviews, and leads by example to instill a vibrant safety culture within the company.
· Investigate evidence of loss using multiple tools and resources and will conduct interviews in a timely manner regarding integrity, theft and violation of company policy. Provide Store Management and District Manager with recommendations for resolution and process improvement.
· Will administrate and audit the use of Loss Prevention related tools including CCTV, electronic article surveillance, alarm systems, etc., to control shrink and promote safety in stores.
· Analyze store exception reporting, inventory reporting, CCTV, incident reporting and other information and trends for further internal and external investigation. Partner with local law enforcement and retail network to drive case resolution.
· Conduct various store audits to assess operational and safety compliance with company policies and procedures. Advise and consult with store managers on improving results based on store audits. Report audit findings to Director of Loss Prevention and V.P. of Loss Prevention
· Develop and coordinate Shrink Focus Store program with Store Operations Business Partners (as applicable).
· Partner with District Manager and Regional V.P. to coordinate and present information to store operations audience including conference calls and district meetings.
· Conduct in store surveillances using Loss Prevention tools including covert, remote and in-store CCTV to identify and escalate potential internal integrity issues, safety concerns, fines, lost sales and activity that affect the business.
· Communicates with local District Attorney and law enforcement personnel as necessary to resolve issues involving Variety Wholesalers.
· Cooperates with and responds to requests by police departments, courts, and other public agencies under the direction of Loss Prevention Leadership and/or Corporate Council.
· Identify Loss Prevention equipment issues at store level. Install and maintain protective equipment as needed.
· Investigate external incidents (i.e. burglary, ORC activity and robbery) and develops action plans for the implementation of preventative measures that will reduce the frequency of these events.
· Assists with special events focusing on crowd control, line management and the safety of our guests and associates.
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in Loss Prevention in a retail environment; multi-store experience is preferred
- Strong business relationship skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, electronic communication and presentation skills
- High level of confidentiality and superior organization skills with attention to detail
- Solid analytical skills; able to identify trends to help drive sales, business plans and support operational initiatives that directly correlate with shrink control
- Must be comfortable working in an independent manner, able to multi-task, be flexible with change and prioritize to the needs of the business
- Ability to make appropriate decisions in complex and stressful situations
- Ability to travel locally and overnight as needed
- Good working knowledge of current technology and its application to the role (EAS, Burglar Alarms, CCTV, Kronos, case management software, exception based reporting etc.)
- Flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business (schedule may include evenings, weekends and holidays)
- In-town and out-of-town travel within designated market; some overnight travel
- Responds to store based emergencies
- Physical demands include periodic ladder climbing, minor equipment repairs, installation of covert cameras or relocation and lifting up to 50 pounds in a retail store environment
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time