SPC, a subsidiary of GAI, is looking for an Environmental Professional to lead field assessments and documentation of environmental resources for electric transmission and other energy-related projects in the Southeast. The individual may also assist in the compilation of data and preparation of reports and permitting documents.
This position is part time/as -needed and will be based remotely from Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, or Florida. Potential to transition to full-time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead environmental field surveys including wetland and stream delineations. Ability to assist with endangered species surveys and environmental compliance monitoring a plus.
- Data collection using handheld GPS.
- Assist in preparing permit applications and associated environmental reports.
- Assist with transmission line siting investigations and siting documentation for regulatory review
- Travel will be required as part of this position.
- BS/MS degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience conducting environmental field surveys in FL, GA or surrounding states; electric transmission experience a plus.
- Proven experience in conducting wetland delineations in southeast U.S. Wetland delineation training and certification (PWS/WPIT) strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of/experience with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual (1987) and Regional Supplements.
- Must be familiar with southeastern flora and have the ability to identify upland and wetland vegetation; experience using field guides and dichotomous keys required.
- Knowledge of Section 401/404 and state permitting regulations preferred.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
- Ability to hike moderate distances through unimproved terrain, utility rights-of-way, in remote areas, etc.
- Ability to hear and visualize potential hazards during fieldwork or site visit situations.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)