NowThis is looking for a Social AP to join our Morning show team. You'll be a crucial part of running day-to-day operations for multiple social platform verticals while also improving video optimization, streamlining workflow, and pushing forward audience growth. We need an independent self-starter and critical thinker. In this role, content creation meets audience analytics, and you will be the driving force behind it.
To thrive in this role, you'll need to have experience setting up projects, versioning existing videos to different formats and repackaging content across all social verticals. You'll feel comfortable hunting down and reconnecting media from different servers and drives and exporting publishable work in multiple dimensions. The ideal candidate will have an obsession with digital media, and be nimble and ready to adapt to evolving platforms. Strong technical skills and knowledge of post production workflows are key as well as creativity and a love of current events.
- Manage all aspects of social video distribution for NowThis Morning on Facebook, Twitter, Snap and other social platforms
- Maintain NowThis Morning's editorial voice in headline and copy-writing across multiple verticals
- Work closely with NowThis Morning's Executive Producer and social publishing team to schedule videos posts and prioritize time sensitive content
- Strong communication, including writing, grammar and copy-writing experience
- A few years of professional and relevant experience editing on Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and illustrator; After Effects skills a plus!
- Strong familiarity with publishing tools, especially Facebook, Twitter, and Snap
- Able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom, with a desire to work for a mission driven company and a love of breaking and trending news covering a range of topics and subject matter
- Extremely creative, organized and dedicated to joining a best-in-class video team
- Able to work independently and also collaborate on larger projects
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.