Responsible for coordinating and supervising installations, maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting work in retail stores, warehouses, office buildings, and other facilities. Interview, hire, train, and oversee workers and determine appropriate repair methods and procedures. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise maintenance workers who maintain and repair electrical, plumbing and other building systems. Evaluate problematic systems or facilities and determine what installation or repair services need to be performed. Maintenance-related duties include performing initial evaluations of building systems and distributing work assignments.
- Plan maintenance employees’ schedules, establish priorities, goals and expectations.
- Identifies and purchases repair and maintenance materials as needed.
- his position requires daily travel within the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. Flexibility in work hours and the ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends is required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for installations, maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and painting work in retail stores, warehouses, office buildings, and other facilities as needed.
2. Coordinates repairs done by outside contractors and inspects such work upon completion.
3. Ensures that shop and storage areas are kept well-stocked and well-organized.
4. Administers and services the core locking system that is installed at all locations.
5. Ensures compliance to company safety and security standards, procedures and policies.
6. Ensures maintenance personnel wear and utilize all safety equipment correctly as needed.
7. Complete required monthly safety training and any other required training.
8. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with others to ensure safe and effective performance of assigned jobs and associated documentation of tasks.
This position supervises maintenance workers and lead maintenance workers.
- High school graduate or equivalent plus seven to ten years’ experience in maintenance of a commercial or institutional facility.
- Considerable knowledge and experience of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and general equipment repair.
- Must have own reliable transportation and valid “clear” driver’s license and be able to drive to any location within the Goodwill market area.
- Proficient at using a computer and with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Project and cell phone with applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and understanding of various Federal, State and County codes and regulations involving construction, installation, fire, safety and sanitation.
- Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Basic knowledge of commercial retail property operations.
- Associate’s degree in engineering or closely related field.
- Knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Commercial Maintenance: 7 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 3 years (Required)
Willingness To Travel: