The position of Application Coordinator is responsible for the design, build, testing, validation, and ongoing support of clinical and/or revenue cycle applications. This position is responsible for obtaining the appropriate Epic certification and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the software functionality and acquiring knowledge of the clinical or revenue cycle workflows to be implemented on the system. The Application Coordinator is responsible for being on-call periodically on a 24/7 basis to provide tier III level support of the Epic clinical and/or revenue cycle applications. This position is responsible for the implementation of configuration changes to the Epic system as approved by the appropriate committee. Jointly with each other and with the clinical / financial department representatives, they design a future-state workflow and build the system to support the new workflow. The Application Coordinators work with each other across interdisciplinary workgroups, to accomplish these goals as a team. The Application Coordinator is a representative of the Information Services team and is responsible for establishing and maintaining critical business relationships with fellow Piedmont co-workers, physicians and all others who use or interact with the Epic application suite.
1. Establishes and maintains critical business relationships with Piedmont co-workers, physicians and others who utilize the Epic suite of applications.
2. Obtains and maintains Epic certification in assigned application module(s).
3. Coordinates application/system issues list and works with the appropriate teams to resolve issues within the predetermined Service Level Agreement parameters.
4. Designs, builds and validates detailed Epic configuration parameters to ensure functionality and implement approved changes to the application including modifications required to achieve desired clinical / revenue cycle workflows.
5. Participates in and relays business/application functionality expertise during advanced application design sessions.
6. Provides 24/7 expert level (tier III) details support of the Epic application suite within their certified area.
7. May interact as the primary customer contact with Epic Systems, Inc., in order to facilitate issue resolution or the coordination of application enhancements.
8. Provides onsite application training and support for Epic product go-lives/implementations.
9. Provides Command Center services/support for organizational product implementations.
10. Reviews and tests new builds, hot fixes or major application releases prior to implementing in the production environment.
11. Documents and communicates project status team members, with department representatives; provide formal status reporting on a periodic basis to project management / leadership as requested.
12. Coordinates and facilitates meetings as assigned.
13. Designs and implements future-state clinical workflows by interacting with clinical department representatives to analyze needs and translate these into system design.
14. Populates master tables and system files in accordance with established guidelines; following standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications.
15. Provides detailed application testing in a structured manner and documents test results.
16. Following established guidelines for system change control.
17. Collaborating with Principal Trainers in the design and development of role-based training programs to support the workflows to be implemented.
18. Assist the Application Training team with application training during peak demand times for these services.
19. Maintains system documentation to current standards.
20. Works with customer base to identify potential workflow issues and/or system enhancement needs.
21. Monitors system performance and reports any potential issues with the appropriate staff.
22. Presents and communicates in a professional and effective manner.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or current clinical licensure in nursing, radiology, pharmacy, respiratory or related field is required.
In lieu of degree or clinical licensure, four (4) years of experience in business administration, information technology or science, healthcare or related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of healthcare or IT experience to include one (1) year of EMR (Electronic Medical Record) application experience.
(If no degree or licensure, a total of seven (7) years of experience required.)
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current Epic certification is required.
One (1) year working directly with Epic applications in a clinical or IS field relevant to the position is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Decision Making - Able to make independent decisions of a complex nature. Scope at department and customer department level. Able to foster good decision making skills for co-workers.
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Able to analyze multiple complex situations to create and implement solutions. Scope at department and customer department level.
- Communication - Able to communicate complex ideas and information using a variety of media. Very good written, verbal, and presentation skills at peer, customer, and leadership level. Able to model and foster good communication skills for co-workers. Communicates Piedmont and PHC IS related information to staff.
- Teamwork and Customer Service – Able to effectively lead large group efforts involving people from multiple teams. Models and establishes collaborative and service oriented environment while enforcing standards of good service.
- Fiscal Responsibility - Models fiscally prudent behavior and ensures adherence to budgetary policies. Manages resources within budget parameters, and able to provide input into the budgeting process.