The Payroll Specialist provides support to the Payroll Lead. Duties include: Processing bi-weekly payroll, using the Paylocity platform. Additional duties include: Error check time cards, error check net/gross check, error check accrual and deduction settings, printing paychecks, running direct deposit, and processing periodic employee changes, employment verification,demographic changes and filing.
The Payroll Specialist reports to the Payroll & Benefits Manager and works collaboratively with the Payroll & Benefits department staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- One to five years’ experience in payroll, preferred.
- One to three years’ experience with Paylocity payroll platform preferred.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks a plus
- Working knowledge of basic California payroll and employment policies and law.
- Ability to handle dynamic and expanding workplace. New divisions and departments are being added regularly.
- Ability to sit for extended periods
- Ability to lift a 5-10 pounds, boxes of employee files or handbooks, etc.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality of employee files and information
- Review time cards for problems; contact relevant supervisor to correct problems.
- Import time cards to payroll batch and check for errors.
- Submit payroll for direct deposit, print checks.
- Enter payroll information into Quickbooks
- Process new employees and terminations as needed.
- Assist Payroll & Benefits Administrator in setup of new divisions.
- Process Verifications of Employment.
- Assist with processing of Leaves of Absence, disability claims, and workers compensation claims in payroll system.
- Assist Payroll & Benefits Administrator in interacting with staff and supervisors to address questions and concerns regarding pay or benefits.
- Proactively find errors and potential problems and report to Payroll & Benefits Administrator.
- Work to a deadline without compromising accuracy or quality of work.
- Other duties as assigned that are within the scope of practice and purpose of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)